rebfein is offline Competent Performer
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit

Is there to paste a group of addresses into a group of hyperlink Access Cells?

I have a 10K+ record database table that I need to change in the following way:

My boss wants to add a picture of each part listed in the database (Lord help me). Taking the pictures was fairly easy.

I added a hyperlink field to the table. I added a folder to the database entitled 'Screen Shots,' where the pictures will be stored.

I have, however, discovered that the link does not work when I copy groups (100 at a time) into the fields (1 picture link per each record cell).

How can I do this without having to individually copy each address into each cell?

Many thanks,

Micron is offline Virtually Inert Person
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    You didn't say what the relationship is between a picture id/file name to a db record. If there is one, an update query I would think. If not, I don't know. Hopefully when you say "cell" you mean field, as I see no mention of a spreadsheet here. Tables don't have cells, so I'm not sure of the connotation.

Further, I would not use a hyperlink field for this; rather a text field with the complete path and an image control that references that path, assuming we're talking about viewing the image on a form. I think you will find the hyperlink field will only add headaches.
    The more we hear silence, the more we begin to think about our value in this universe.
    Paraphrase of Professor Brian Cox.

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    Agreed, if you want to view images in form or report, a hyperlink field will add complication. Can't really paste a value into hyperlink field anyway. Where were you copying these paths from?

As Micron said, use a text field that saves file path. Then if you want to use image in form or report or open the image in a viewer app, that field can be used. Will require some code to open in viewer app.

If the image file name includes the part identifier, code can loop through images folder and save the path to appropriate record.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.