DBenz is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit

editing wmf to png sees field say not on list so disallowed

Hi,

Access 2010
    I had chosen a path from a combo list to populate a field, it has wmf in it and I am replacing those letters with png, but whilst the previous field allowed this, this one says disallowed not on list and wont let me change wmf to png.
    What setting will stop this from happening ?

Cheers

DBenz

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    Don't really understand issue.

You have already modified all the path references in data using Find and Replace as described in your other thread?
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Hi,
    I have Png on the clipboard, I highlight the letters wmf and go ctrl V and they become Png, i click next record and donk a sound goes and warning 'The text you entered isnt an item in the list'
    in normal form view I select from a drop down list to get a pre-typed out value for that field, so it must be saying it doesnt see that new path in the existing source for the combo list and wont let me change it. Somewhere I must have something that says the field can only admit something from the list. Its that setting I need to alter, but where is it ? I cant go and change whats in the list from the list source as that will conflict with the wmf worded paths if that setting mentioned exists, until such time as I get to edit them all, or will it ?

I havent managed to get the find replace to work yet, so I am doing these one by one !

I am puzzled though because three fields let me alter wmf to png without warning.

DBenz

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    Combobox has LimitToList property.

Are you working directly with table? Do you have combobox settings in table? I NEVER do these settings in table.

I was able to get Find and Replace to work with your wmf image. However, I do not have combobox settings in table.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Hi, thanks sorted, list in table was set limit to list, .

DBenz

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.