Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Risk Assessor is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Access 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Gicu View Post
    The version is stored in a table, you can easily change it. I don't think I would be comfortable making further changes to it; maybe you can suggest those changes to whoever is in charge of the program.

Here is one called VURAM2.1.1_mod with the same minor change added to the second module as well.

I think this is where I will stop with changing this.

Cheers,
    Vlad
    Yes, I'm not requesting that people on this forum make changes. I'm simply trying to determine if it's possible, so that I can suggest those changes be made by the developer.

Gicu is offline VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    So the answer is yes and it should be trivial for the original developer to add a search by chemical combo box as demoed in my attachment.

Cheers,
    Vlad

ssanfu is offline Master of Nothing
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2010 32bit
    Quote Originally Posted by Risk Assessor View Post
    Thanks for trying, Steve. Yes, the dB is locked down to prevent Users from changing values of certain cells which would result in an erroneous risk calculation. I'm not certain what you were looking at to conclude that some of the words are entered incorrectly. The example you provided seems appropriate to me as it is part of a calculation.
    In one of the tables, there is a field named "Time". "Time" is reserved word because it is a built in function. When you use reserved words as object names, unforeseen and strange errors can occur.

In table "tblChemList", there are fields named "VOC?", "In EPD?" and "SFO (mg/kg-day)-1". Since users (should) never work directly with the table, names like "VOC", "In_EPD" and "SFO_mg_kg_day" are better names.

When creating object names, there are a couple of "rules" you should follow:
    Use only letters and numbers (exception is the underscore) for object names.
    Do not use spaces, punctuation or special characters in object names.
    Do not begin an object name with a number.

Objects include Forms, queries, reports, module, control, and field names.

I also never use a text type field as a PK field; I use an Autonumber type field.

But, as Vlad said, the changes you are thinking about are probably do-able.

Good luck ...........

Risk Assessor is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by Gicu View Post
    So the answer is yes and it should be trivial for the original developer to add a search by chemical combo box as demoed in my attachment.

Cheers,
    Vlad
    OK, now for some additional questions. Please don't make any changes to the program, just let me know if there's anything about Access that would prohibit the changes from being made.
    I should also mention that the chemical characteristic data for each chemical is update twice a year when the EPA updates their data. Most of that information doesn't change, but from time to time, it does.

Could a "Save" option be added allowing User's to return to their work after closing the program down?

Could subsets of chemicals be created from the set and selected with radio buttons or dropdown lists so the User doesn't have to select one chemical at a time while in the Screening module. For example, a subset of 100 chemicals that are volatile organic compounds (VOCs) that could be selected with the click of one button.

Could the User import concentration data from excel for the subset list of chemicals they select in the Screening module.

These are the easy questions to ask that would make a User's experience much less painful. Other questions are difficult to explain, so I'll leave it at this. Thanks.

Gicu is offline VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    The answer is Yes to all your questions, some are easier than others but Access is a very powerful application. The question is how much it would cost, and that is where the developer comes in...

Cheers,
    Vlad

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.