chriswrcg is offline Competent Performer
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit

Average not coming out correct in report

In my database there is a report for daily productivity. It takes the individual numbers from the associates and list there performance and other scores. At the bottom of the report in the footer it is supposed to average all the individual scores and report the shift daily average. The problem I have is it is not seemingly calculating average correctly.

When I take all the individual performance numbers and average them in excel I get 97%. Access is taking the same numbers and returning 87%. Since the base data is the same it has to be something in the way access is seeing the data or in the way Access handles the data calculation but I can not figure out what it is.
    The report is the daily productivity report. the shift is 1st and the start date and the end date are both 1/29/2019. Let me know what you guys think.
    Attached Files Attached Files

ranman256 is offline VIP
    Windows Vista Access 2010 32bit
    do the avg in the query, and the report need only show it.

chriswrcg is offline Competent Performer
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    I tried to add the avg in the query but again I must be doing something wrong.
    I added another performance field and added a total function with avg.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	01.png 
Views:	7 
Size:	1.8 KB 
ID:	37204
    I then went to the report and dropped the reporting window into the footer but It is still returning the wrong average.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	02.png 
Views:	7 
Size:	8.3 KB 
ID:	37205
    What now?

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    Instead of popup prompts, really should reference controls on form for input.

I ran DailyProductivity query with those parameters, used the Totals button to show Totals row, selected Avg and it shows 93% for AvgOfPerformance. Expression in footer textbox returns 93%: =Avg([AvgOfPerformance]). The expression you used (=[AvgOfPerformance]) is just returning data from first record in query.

Query and report are not showing the same individual calcs. You should open both and view together.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.