herbi111 is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Access 2016

desperate, Chart doesnt show decimal numbers

Hi,

I want to create a chart that is based on a query, using Access 2016's more modern looking charts. (it works with the ms graph chart, but those look very ugly and outdated.)
    For many hours I tried, but I cant find a solution:
    the chart is ignoring decimal numbers and rounds everything below 1 down to 0. In the query itself all looks nice. I also tried various field types like double, single, decimal, text...nothing works.
    Looked XY times at all settings but cant find something.

My data for the chart is dates and a value between 0 and 1. Values like 0,3 or 0,55 0,9 etc.

But the chart is just showing 0, 0 ,0 for those.

Does somebody know how to fix that?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Dia.png  

ssanfu is offline Master of Nothing
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2010 32bit
    Without your dB, there is a small chance of giving a good solution. Would you post your dB?

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    I also would have suggested posting db but I don't have Access 2016 so cannot evaluate this chart. Did not know there is 'enhanced' charting in 2016. Why do you say MSGraph looks old and outdated? If you hadn't mentioned 2016 charting I would have thought that image was from MSGraph.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Windows 10 Access 2016
    somewhere else I found someone who just simply tested what I said and confirmed that its a bug. 2016 Access modern charts just ignore every value from 0 - 1 and see it as 0.
    Workaround is to multply every value in a query field with 100 and then set the charts scale to divide by hundred, which results in a correct chart.

Regarding the chart, standard msgraph looks much more crappier I think, this is an "enhanced chart" without modifieng it. However options are very limited, and as I just mentioned its buggy. Id much more prefer excel 2016 charts.

Windows 10 Access 2016
    unfortunately its still not a great solution/workaround, bc when you set the axis to divide by 100, it also puts the word "hundreds" on the axis. I found no way to remove it, tried even putting a picture over it and setting it to foreground, but that doesnt work.
    Seems like I have no choice but to send all data to excel and do the report there

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.