ninachopper is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2007

custom shortcut menu help!

Hello,

I am trying to make a custom shortcut menu for my reports. I have them set for a viewer only, with no menus or ribbons. I want to disable the shortcut box with design view, but my client really wants the ability to right click on any record on the report and be able to use the filter option that appear in the drop down.

I have searched and searched and haven't been able to find a way to keep that function accessible, and disabling the option to enter design view and make any changes.

I've come to the conclusion that I am going to have to use a macro to build my own shortcut menu, but I'm not quite sure where to go with it.

What commands should I use to allow those filtering options?

Any help would be great and much appreciated!!
    Thanks!

ajetrumpet is offline VIP
    Windows Vista Access 2007
    i think the options are also available in code. If they are, maybe you could use something easier than this. possibly a simple double click on the record to filter it? would that work by chance?

Windows XP Access 2007
    that sounds fantastic, but the only thing is I have one field that a number and they want to be able to filter greater than or less than. I would definitely be interested in the code for just clicking on the record if you wouldn't mind giving me a hand, but I have to figure out a way to go a little more in depth with it as well.
    Thanks so much!!

ajetrumpet is offline VIP
    Windows Vista Access 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by ninachopper View Post
    that sounds fantastic, but the only thing is I have one field that a number and they want to be able to filter greater than or less than. I would definitely be interested in the code for just clicking on the record if you wouldn't mind giving me a hand, but I have to figure out a way to go a little more in depth with it as well.
    Thanks so much!!
    i was experimenting with this today and it's pretty cool what all you can do. here's an example of using a form, although you can use a menu too. This looked easy to follow...

(double click an order id on the report to filter it)

Windows XP Access 2007
    Wow! Sweet, that is going to work out great! I'm definitely going to use that for my number's field. Thanks so much!
    I've been teaching myself Access and when I started 6 months ago, I didn't even know what access was. It's so cool how you keep finding out cool things that you don't get by reading a manual. I love it

I've been stuck on this forever!
    Thank you so much for your help!

Windows XP Access 2007
    hi there,

I have been struggling through this and the idea for a button form for greater or less than is great. I am stuck though and can not figure out how to set up my report so that for all the text fields I can just double click on a record to filter the report. Any advice?

Thanks for your time!!

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.