sra2786 is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2016

Form with selection criteria to preview report

I have a form that allows the user to enter selection criteria. There is a command button to preview the report. This all works fine but .... the form is still displayed when I preview the report.
    - Is there a way to make the form go to the background when I am previewing the report?
    - Could I add a command button to the report to bring the form to the foreground if I want to enter new selection criteria?

Thanks.
    Sandy

rpeare is offline VIP
    Windows XP Access 2003
    When you click a button to view/preview a report, the report should pop up in the front unless the properties of the form don't allow it (POP UP property of the form set to YES or MODAL property set to YES). If you want to minimize a pop up or modal form you would likely have to issue the minimize command in your code on the same button you use to open the report.

For the second part, I do not think it's possible to refresh the contents of a report without closing it and reopening it. I have a vague memory of trying it many years ago but unless something has changed I still don't think it's possible.

pbaldy is offline Who is John Galt?
    Windows XP Access 2007
    You could also make the form invisible. To the second question, you can refresh the contents of a report in Report view (not in Preview mode that I know of). I have only used it a couple of times myself, but I did have options in a report header that allowed a subreport to be re-filtered.
    Paul (wino moderator)
    MS Access MVP 2007-2019
    www.BaldyWeb.com

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.