Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    roaftech is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows XP Access 2003

Quote Originally Posted by Senate View Post
    Well the weird thing is that everyone using the database is also using the same pc. So we can if fact rule out any hardware issues...
    On Monday, the user works on another station, I will ask him to try it again on that machine.
    That's a new piece of the puzzle which might be significant. I would be looking at the details of your user's logon process. It may sound odd, but I have had situations where people have had problems arising from names which use accented or non-alpha characters (eg Éclair, Will O'Wisp, Mac-Burger) or even a hard space in their name. Another way-out idea is to check whether their logon inadvertently uses a reserved word (Mr David Elete might need to be careful about how he writes his name!!!)

Senate is offline Novice
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2013 32bit
    So yesterday the user was on another machine, same problem.
    I wrote a new blank database which featured everything asked, a click on the button does nothing, no error message, no output, no report preview, just completely nothing...
    He has all the rights do create documents in the specified folder, he tried saving a Word document into it with success.
    The user has a completely normal name, without any special characters or something like that...
    Btw, the user isn't quite an expert (eg. uses Caps Lock to write one single capital letter...) so working out a problem like that isn't easy

Micron is online now Virtually Inert Person
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    I would bet this won't help, but as I already mentioned, sometimes being able to create in a folder isn't enough. My limited experience on this side of things was in Active Directory, where it was possible to have Access related issues because a person could create but not edit or delete in a folder.

If I was an IT guy, I'd probably want to ditch user's profile and recreate as I mentioned, but that's drastic. I don't suppose there's another path you can take? Being on page 2 here now, I can't remember what the process is exactly. Or maybe the user has to be content with being able to do everything else but the problem task. I'm out of ideas.

roaftech is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows XP Access 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by Senate View Post
    Btw, the user isn't quite an expert (eg. uses Caps Lock to write one single capital letter...) so working out a problem like that isn't easy
    NumLock ?? ScrollLock ?? Are any of the characters in his password unique to him? Looking for straws here!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.