JustMike is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Access 2013 32bit

New to Access

I have an excel spreadsheet for an accountability list of a unit. I have created the tables that I needed and the form to collect all the information I need. Now, when people go into access, I want them to only change the information based on one cell in the table. If you are willing to help me, and need more info, please let me know and I will try to post the excel spreadsheet.

GinaWhipp is offline Competent Performer
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2013 32bit
    Hmm, well Tables in Access do not work the like Spreadsheets in Excel. Tables are just to hold the data all the manipulation is done via Forms. So you would need to create a Form and then you can control what your Users can edit. You do not want to every have your Users have direct access to the Tables. That said, you say you built the Form but you are asking about a field in a Table. What exactly are you trying to accomplish?

Side note, cells are in Excel spreadsheets, fields are in Access tables.

ranman256 is offline VIP
    Windows Vista Access 2010 32bit
    yes users can change 'cells' (aka fields) but you would use queries to pull / calculate data.
    Theres no live formulas like excel.
    they CAN view data like a spreadsheet.

JustMike is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Access 2013 32bit
    I have a table that has all the fields I need access to. I created one form so that offices can add or delete personnel. One that form I want a button that will open another form (already created) that only has certain information they need to update daily and only a certain office will be in that form. Right now, when I us the button, it opens the form but shows everyone in the unit. Once this database is finished, I will be hiding all of this behind a switchboard so that don't have access to any table or form. I appreciate the help

ssanfu is offline Master of Nothing
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2010 32bit
    It would speed thing up if you posted your dB and instructions on how to get to the problem area.

GinaWhipp is offline Competent Performer
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2013 32bit
    Okay, so you mean you only want it to show specific information based on the User? If so then what identifies the User? If that's not it then we are going to need to see the file or at the very least some screen shots.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.