londo is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Access 2013 64bit

Lorry Trailers

Hello,

I am trying to get the design correct for a system i am developing for a yard management control system at work have most of what i need i am confused on how to the following rule with a trailer

i have a design in place that allows me to book a lorry on to site with a trailer can be loaded / unloaded (Full or empty) i need to drop into a bay and collect another trailer and ether load something of empty something and can drop / swap and record what trailer a registration has left site with

so i need to record the following

Reg & Trailer on site do some moves Load/unload (can be both or just one or the other)
    log registration & trailer off site and know what products (reference number assign to the trailer if not empty ) have been loaded onto that trailer just need a quick guide that i can fit into the rest of my design which can be altered to fit best practices.

AT the moment i have been able to book lorry in do something and book out that works fine i just don`t know how to assign a differnt load / unload routing to my desgin hope i am making sence

any help with this i know it must be a simple design problem i just can`t see it

Thanks in advance for anyone looking.

Paul....

ranman256 is offline VIP
    Windows Vista Access 2010 32bit
    I would think youd have :
    tVehicles table,
    VIN (key)
    make
    model
    color
    etc

tProjects table:
    ProjectID (auto)
    where
    when
    who
    etc.

tTRailers table:
    TrailerID (auto)
    serial#
    ProjectID (long)
    Location (maybe, to find it in large sites)
    CargoID (long, fk to tTrailerCargo)

when you assign trailer to a project , it fills in the tTrailer.ProjectID
    then a tTrailerCargo table could hold the items for that trailer for that project
    tTrailerCargo table:
    CargoID (auto)
    ProjectID (long)
    TrailerID (long)
    ShipDate
    etc...

a sub-table to show each individual items,

tTrailerCargoItems tbl:
    CargoItmID (auto)
    CargoID (long)
    itemName
    Qty
    etc..

ssanfu is offline Master of Nothing
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2010 32bit
    It would really help if you would post your dB - just need a few entries to see how things work - or an image of the relationship window.
    Really don't want to waste time trying to come up with suggestions that will never work.

londo is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Access 2013 64bit
    Quote Originally Posted by ssanfu View Post
    It would really help if you would post your dB - just need a few entries to see how things work - or an image of the relationship window.
    Really don't want to waste time trying to come up with suggestions that will never work.
    Thanks you both for your replys i will have a look all suggestions but here is my relationship windows this is very much work in progress and some of it is not working as i keep trying different things but i have 2 main requirements to go onto the lorry each lorry can have multiple consignments (Outbound) with multiple orders attached to it with a pallets and lift count that bit is working for me and have a pre-advice (Inbound) we get the reference from the paperwork as the lorry enters site.

The datebase can be redone again some of the tables don`t actaully do anything at the moments as i was trying things out to see how to make it all fit together.

thanks you for any help advice on this issue

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Relationship test.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	139.3 KB 
ID:	36143

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.