bnpastor94 is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Access 2016

Trying to relate two sister fields

So I'm having trouble with my database. What I have currently is a form that has all of customer information and a form that has all product information.Pertinent background info: We have multiple customers that have several locations. Occasionally they move the product to other locations, and/or new locations. We have to have contact information for each location.Here's what I want: Instead of having many different customers that are the same but have different locations, I would like to fill out the product form with the customer and once the customer is chosen, I can enter a location for that customer. I basically want it to query for me the locations for that selected customer and I can select out of those. I tried making both the customerID parent to both the product and locations but that didn't work. I'm thinking maybe once I select the customer from the product form, I'll have to query all locations with that customerID and then I can choose from that, but I'm stuck on how to create that list.

Any help will be much appreciated!Thanks

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    Possibly need another table CustomerLocations. Then you can have a combobox or listbox that conditionally lists locations based on customer selected. This is called cascading or dependent combobox (or listbox) and is a very common topic.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

bnpastor94 is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    Thank you! I googled cascading combobox and I think I found exactly what I'm looking for!

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.