Hossein is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2016

Using macro for check box

Hello

I am trying to run a massage box by using check box and macro. when check box is true by click on a bottom the massage box show "OK" Massage.
    I try for this mater but i have error. also i wanna say that using macro is my goal and i don't want using visual basic environment or typing any code. please help me ?

Also i am looking for a source or any books for using macro in ms access. i don't want work by visual basic environment or learning complicated things for VBA programing, i thinks that just working by macro is enough for me

Many thanks in advance for your kind support

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    You want 'message' box, not 'massage'.

What is the exact error message?

Not much of a message statement, just the letter "A".
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Quote Originally Posted by June7 View Post
    You want 'message' box, not 'massage'.

What is the exact error message?

Not much of a message statement, just the letter "A".
    Many thanks for your attention

I uploaded a video from my error as below link

June7 is offline VIP
    There is no link and no video, just a big black box in your post.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Micron is offline Virtually Inert Person
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    Video there for me but too small. Copied the url then opened in full screen on YouTube. Still hard to see (fuzzy) but I think you could have avoided the video if you posted the error message. Going forward, always provide the error message and number if you know that as well.

I think your problem is that you don't have the full reference to the checkbox and Access doesn't know where Check545 is. You're using an embedded macro (most of us here avoid macros entirely) and when editing it, you need to use the expression builder to construct the full reference to the check box. It would be something like Forms!frmNameOfForm.Check545.

For everyone's benefit, the partial error statement is "the object doesn't contain the automation object..."

I'm not 100% sure if that's the reason for the error, but it certainly seems so.
    The more we hear silence, the more we begin to think about our value in this universe.
    Paraphrase of Professor Brian Cox.

June7 is offline VIP
    Works for me without full form prefix for control reference. Something else is issue.

Micron is offline Virtually Inert Person
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    Found out I could see video much better if I switched to 1080p and increased magnification. I can't replicate the issue either.
    Maybe the form is corrupt. Suggest you create a new test form and test with only 2 new controls. If the issue persists, then maybe it's a Trusted Locations issue or corruption. If it's not a TL issue then I'd try compact/repair on the db if the 2nd form doesn't work either. If the 2nd form does work, the 1st form may be corrupt, in which case, create a new one and try copying all the controls to the new on and see how it performs.

If none of these (or any other suggestions you get) don't work, more info about the form would be good, such as, is it a split form? Are there other embedded macros on it that DO work?
    You could always consider posting a compacted AND zipped copy of your db, even if it only contains this one form (and any table/query it needs so that there are no opening errors).

Quote Originally Posted by Micron View Post
    Video there for me but too small. Copied the url then opened in full screen on YouTube. Still hard to see (fuzzy) but I think you could have avoided the video if you posted the error message. Going forward, always provide the error message and number if you know that as well.

I think your problem is that you don't have the full reference to the checkbox and Access doesn't know where Check545 is. You're using an embedded macro (most of us here avoid macros entirely) and when editing it, you need to use the expression builder to construct the full reference to the check box. It would be something like Forms!frmNameOfForm.Check545.

For everyone's benefit, the partial error statement is "the object doesn't contain the automation object..."

I'm not 100% sure if that's the reason for the error, but it certainly seems so.
    My Guys, thank you very much for your support. my problem is solved by using your below guide.
    you need to use the expression builder to construct the full reference to the check box. It would be something like Forms!frmNameOfForm.Check545.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	OK.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	46.2 KB 
ID:	35753

June7 is offline VIP
    Interesting, because I did not need full reference. However, command button and checkbox are both on same form. That must not be the case for your situation. Glad you got it working.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.