Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    anjali6 is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Access 2013 64bit

converting access from 32 bit to 64 bit Access 365

I am trying to convert Access 2000 32 bit to Access 365 64 bit. I tried holding the shift key of the .mdb application and opened .mdb file in access 2000. I can see all the queries, tables, modules and forms. When I tried to export the modules and forms, the export button is disabled. The export button is only enabled for tables. Below is the screen shot of modules, forms and tables:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	forms2000.gif 
Views:	46 
Size:	31.6 KB 
ID:	35731

for tables, export option is enabled:

Name:	tables2000.gif 
Views:	43 
Size:	29.5 KB 
ID:	35732

I could not figure how to export in office 2000 so I tried to open the Access .mdb file in office 365 by holding the shift key, but here, I opened the access file, but could not even see the save as option so I tried to open the same Access 2000 file in Access 2013. I tried to open the .mdb file by holding the shift key and it opened the database showing all the forms, tables and modules. I created an empty database and tried to import forms, modules and tables in this empty database. I successfully imported the tables, but I could not import the forms and modules. The forms and modules tab was disabled just like office 2000. Below are the screen shots of modules and forms that is disabled.

Name:	Forms.gif 
Views:	42 
Size:	16.9 KB 
ID:	35733

for tables, everything was selectable unlike forms and modules:

Name:	tables.gif 
Views:	42 
Size:	16.8 KB 
ID:	35735

I then tried to save the .mdb file to save as .accdb format by trying the save as option, but when I tried the save as option, I got the following errors:

"The command or action isnt available now.
    "You may be in aread only database or unconverted database from an earlier version.
    The type of object the action applies to isn't currently selected or inst in the active view.

Use only those commands and macro actions that are currently available for the database

I have been trying to convert this .mdb database to access 365 for past two days and I cannot go beyond importing the tables. I want everything to be imported to access 365. Any help will be highly appreciated.
    Please let me know if anyone needs any additional information. I posted this same question in stackoverflow
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails modules.gif  

CJ_London is offline VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    suggest take a look at this link and follow the steps

https://support.office.com/en-us/art...__toc329594362

isladogs is offline MVP / VIP
    You are making this much harder than it needs to be.
    First try opening the MDB file in Access 365 64-bit.
    If it opens without error then conversion is easy. Go to File ...Save Database As .... ACCDB.

If you get an error about converting declarations to 64-bit, then that will need to be dealt with before converting.
    If so, come back and ask for guidance.
    If you get other code errors, you may need to update your VBA references. Open the VBE, go to Tools..References and check if any are marked MISSING.
    If so, update these and then save as ACCDB as above.
    Colin, Access MVP, Website, email
    The more I learn, the more I know I don't know. When I don't know, I keep quiet!
    If I don't know that I don't know, I don't know whether to answer

When I hold down the shift key and tried to pen the database in access 365. I got the below error:

Name:	32 bit error.gif 
Views:	40 
Size:	6.3 KB 
ID:	35743

I also tried decompiling access, but that also did not open the file. I also tried to open the file in Access 2013, but when I cliked on the save as option button, I got the below error:

Name:	saveAs.gif 
Views:	39 
Size:	18.8 KB 
ID:	35744

Please let me know if anyone needs any additional information

I already saw this article that you suggested, but for me clicking "save as " button is giving me an error. Below is the error:

"The command or action inst available now.
    "You may be in aread only database or unconverted database from an earlier version.
    The type of object the action applies to isn't currently selected or inst in the active view.

Below is the screen shot of the error

Name:	saveAs.gif 
Views:	38 
Size:	18.8 KB 
ID:	35745:

Micron is offline Virtually Inert Person
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    I'm not sure you can open mdb in 365 64 bit. I thought the requirement was to create a new 64 bit db (just close the unsaved table that automatically opens) and import everything.
    For sure you are trying to get at objects in an mdb and not an mde (or accde in later versions)?
    The more we hear silence, the more we begin to think about our value in this universe.
    Paraphrase of Professor Brian Cox.

GinaWhipp is offline Competent Performer
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2013 32bit
    You will not be able to open an application created in 32 bit in 64 bit without PtrSafe declarations. That said, you have a bigger problem. That database is from Access 2000 and some VBA has changed since then. So, unfortunately, you either recreate the file (bit of a pain in the neck) or find someone who can upgrade it and add the additional declarations needed and review the code VBA.

As I said in post #3, you need to convert to 64-bit before you can open the file and only once that is done can you save as ACCDB.
    The conversion to run in 64-bit involves two steps
    1. Adding PtrSafe to all API declarations
    2. Changing all Long to LongPtr for all pointers such as Hwnd
    If you want to use in both 32-bit and 64-bit, you need to use conditional compilation.

There is a good guide to the process at https://codekabinett.com/rdumps.php?...ion-vba-64-bit

Also, just to confirm, you can open Access 2000 databases in Access 365 (but not Access 97 databases).
    Whilst some VBA has changed, it is backwards compatible and almost all code should still work.
    The more I learn, the more I know I don't know. When I don't know, I keep quiet!

CJ_London is offline VIP
    Just realised from your images in your first post that you appear to be using replication - (design master). Replication is not supported in ACE, so it is likely this is the reason for not being able to convert.

In access 2000 you will need remove replication before you can upgrade to .accdb

Long time since I had to do this so can't remember the full details but seem to recall you need to create a new 2000 db then import the tables, forms etc from the design master. Once done, remove the replication control fields from the tables

Good catch Ajax. I'd forgotten what those symbols meant

CJ_London is offline VIP
    also noticed the app is not split - once upgraded to 2016, strongly recommend to split the database. If you still need replication, you will need to build your own procedures to do so or move the backend to sql server/express which has a replication facility

GinaWhipp is offline Competent Performer
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2013 32bit
    Missed those symbols as well, can't much with the design master. Glad someone is paying attention!

This link may be helpful for removing replication https://extramiledata.com/remove-rep...cess-database/

I was able to remove the replication, but after un-replicating the database, I lost all the forms, queries and Modules.

I have my access database. ICan I attach the database here. I know when I posted my question originally then there was an option to attach the database, but now I don't see it

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.