varadaradj is offline Novice
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2007

Arrow Table created with query

Hi

I am developing a Form in VB6, in which after getting some inputs from users, I am generating a new table in database successfully. After generating the table, I am utilizing / processing the generated table. After successful generation of new table, when I try to process the same, VB6 says the new table is not found and a debug End/Debug dialog box appears. After few seconds I'm just debugging the form, I'm resuming & at that time only the new generated table is available for process. To overcome this issue, I just given a message box with OK button only, to give some time delay to get ready the generated table.

Even after that also, many times it says the new table is not found. I can understand that access requires some time delay to utilize the newly generated table. Earlier, giving a message box (with an OK button only) can solve the problem. But, now a days, it is not sufficient.

Can anybody please help me how to overcome this issue.

Micron is online now Virtually Inert Person
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    You could try adding RefreshDatabaseWindow to your code after the table is created. However, frequent use of make table query suggest less than optimal design. If you want comments on that, elaborate on the process (what makes adding table necessary; do you delete it later & recreate, etc.)

EDIT: I assumed you meant VBA for Access, not VB6. If it's really VB6, then I don't know if RefreshDatabaseWindow is part of that library.
    The more we hear silence, the more we begin to think about our value in this universe.
    Paraphrase of Professor Brian Cox.

varadaradj is offline Novice
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2007
    I got a way to overcome this issue.

I'm just closing the connection and opening again. That's all. The created temporary table now available for processing.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.