Crystan is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Access 2013 32bit

Need some help with Access and Excel

Hi there.

I'm trying to make a ingredients/recipe database with access and excel in 2 parts:

Part I

So far I have a separate excel book for each ingredient. All the books are the same (column fields wise) but each is for things like batch numbers and expiration dates.

I tried to make a form where I will look up a list of ingredients, and can fill out the form. The form then updates and the correct excel file is updated with the goods in info

Part II

I want to use the goods in info to make a recipe sheet, so that when i click on a pre-designed recipe form, it will allow me to select the batch numbers from each ingredient(from their own excel sheets) and put it in the recipe form. After filling out the relevant form info for that recipe(scale weights,batch numbers,yield ect) I want to be able to click save and the information is then exported as a stand alone excel workbook in a file directory of my choosing with every piece of information on i need for that recipe.

Unfortunately I'm having issues straight away. The Goods In links aren't working, and the lookups for the batch codes dont link to any files to pull information off of.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! I'm using MS Office 2013

ranman256 is online now VIP
    Windows Vista Access 2010 32bit
    stop using both excel and access and just use access.
    This stops the multiple excel books and becomes all centralized in access.
    Import them all.

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    I don't understand 'separate excel book for each ingredient' - a whole workbook for a single ingredient?

I agree with ranman - eliminate Excel. Recipe db is topic of numerous threads - search forum.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.