RunTime91 is offline Competent Performer
    Windows 8 Access 2013

Writing an IIf Statement Within a Query Using an OptionButton

Hello Again...

Trying to write a simple INSERT INTO query using an IIf statement for the value of one of the fields

The query works perfectly until I put in the IIf statement
    Code:
    CurrentDb.Execute "INSERT INTO [TblTermRecords] (FullName, EmpID, ,SeperationType, LastDateWrkd, EffectiveDate) " & _
          "VALUES ('" & Me.Text23 & "', '" & Me.Text25 & "', (IIf(Me.Option17 = ""True"",""Left Company"",""Dept Transfer"")), #" & Me.Text4 & "#, #" & Me.Text6 & "#)"
    As usual, I have tried every iteration that I (and Google) can think of - Error? Of course, a SYNTAX Error...

Quick Update...I just saw the extra ',' in front of "SeperationType" - Removed it and now I have a "Too few parameters: Expected 1"

Thank Very much for any help...

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    Concatenate and remove extra comma after EmpID:
    Code:
    CurrentDb.Execute "INSERT INTO [TblTermRecords] (FullName, EmpID, SeperationType, LastDateWrkd, EffectiveDate) " & _
          "VALUES ('" & Me.Text23 & "', '" & Me.Text25 & "', '" & IIf(Me.Option17 = True, "Left Company", "Dept Transfer") & "', #" & Me.Text4 & "#, #" & Me.Text6 & "#)"
    Boolean values should not be in quotes.

Why are you saving employee name and not just ID?

Might want to correct spelling of field name in table: SeparationType
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Windows 8 Access 2013
    Hey June - Glad to see you again...

Yes on the option Group Control - I have removed the quotes from around the Boolean and because my boss requested a flat table for this data storage..

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    You probably read my previous post before I edited it. Should review again.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Windows 8 Access 2013
    June Thank You as always - I've made all the edits - Ran the code and pulled back an 'Error 2427 You entered an expression that has no value'

After snooping around and revisiting my controls I realized the Frame Control is what is bound to the Form and the option buttons inside were labeled/named as 1 and 2

So I modified accordingly and gave it a go... The following works perfectly - but if you see something that may cause grief or is inefficient please let me know...

As for the flat table using both EmpName & ID this is just a quick & dirty stand alone app - once it evolves the tables will be put in SQL and properly normalized...

Again, Thanks for all of your help June as always...
    Code:
    CurrentDb.Execute "INSERT INTO [TblTermRecords] (FullName, EmpID, SeparationType, LastDateWrkd, EffectiveDate, TermCondition) " & _
          "VALUES('" & Me.TxtEmpName & "', '" & Me.TxtEmpID & "', '" & IIf(Me.FrameTermType = 1, "Left Company", "Dept Transfer") & "', " & _
          "#" & Me.TxtLstWrkDay & "#, #" & Me.TxtEffDate & "#,'" & IIf(Me.FrameTermCond = 1, "Voluntary", "Involuntary") & "' )"

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.