Hello Again;

I’m plugging away at the design/upload of my Military Lineage DB. It is my desire to make this DB a “Research class tool” but being newish to MS Access, I have been moving slow. This my four or fifth major iteration of this, again I have another question similar (or the same) as Split Entity Table (https://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=72070), it is:

IS there a better way of structuring Sources?

The area in question is table 29, 30, and 31. Given that 29-tblSources should store where (to the page / web page) the information (Source) was (is) found without getting stupid about it. Some changes could be talked about (reference) in many different places. Some sources talk about one Unit and therefore reference many different Changes. The aim is to be able to pull out those sources referencing a Change, allowing, the user to gage what happened.

My overall ERD plan is attached Lineage_2018-09-03 sm2.pdf, along with a blow up of tables 29-31Table 28-31 2b.pdf. Also included is a sample data for those tables Data tbl 28-31.pdf. All fields start with c_ are cheat fields to allow me (the newbie) to understand what I’m point to/from. They will be removed latter.

Any and All comments are welcomed