jabarlee is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows 10 Access 2016

Export to spreadsheet with no Excel present

Hi everyone.

Is it possible to export a table to a spreadsheet on a computer that has no Excel installed, but still be able to format the spreadsheet in detail?
    During my tests, I used CreateObject("Excel.Application") to be able afterwards to format the spreadsheet in detail.

Do I have any alternatives?

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    You tested on that computer? What happened? I would expect it to fail.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

jabarlee is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    Yes, I ran my Access application on a pc that had calc (Open Office) installed - and the Access runtime- and of course it failed, displaying several warnings that I cannot post right now (I'm at home).
    My problem is that this export method allowed me to format the spreadsheet exactly as I wanted.
    What other method could I use so I can export to a spreadsheet and still have the advanced formating options I want?
    As far as I can search DoCmd.TransferSpreadsheet and DoCmd.OutputTo methods will work even if the host computer does not have Excel installed, but they lack any proper formating options.

Any way that would allow me to use a spreadsheet template would probably suit me.

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    If install of Excel is required in order to open Excel objects to format then I don't see any way to accomplish without.

If a suitably formatted template can be accessed with the TransferSpreadsheet and data exported to it without changing the formatting then that would seem to be only option.

Not something I've ever attempted nor seen discussed.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Possibly export as a text file (no formatting) that could subsequently be imported to an excel sheet and formatted. I concur with June re: Needing Excel if you wish to preserve formatting.

Alternatively, you could create a report in Access (formatted) and then export as a .PDF

http://www.avantixlearning.ca/micros...sily-training/

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.