Boost is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows 8 Access 2013 64bit

Relationship Design

Hi there - I've been attempting to correctly structure my table relationships.

The current way my db works is thus:

tbl_personnel contains imported data through a link with SAP. This db is deleted and re-appended on open/close of the db to ensure realtime and current data.

tbl_civilianskills contains the PK of personnel_SAP#, which is appended from tbl_Personnel. (this is so that the data recorded against a name doesn't get deleted when tbl_personnel is refreshed).

tbl_Registrations_personnel, tbl_Qualifications_Titles, tbl_Skills_Personnel, and tbl_Languages_Personnel are combinations of the recorded skills + the particalar PK of personnel_SAP# for a record.

I want these tables to all be linked back to the original tbl_Personnel via the PK of personnel_SAP#.

This is in order to produce queries on values from tbl_Personnel as well as from select values from any other table (registrations, languages, qualifications, skills etc).

I have attached an image in order to somewhat support my textual breakdown above. I hope that someone understands the gist of what I am trying to achieve, but if not i shall provide more detail and information behind what I am trying to achieve.

Cheers

Boost

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.JPG 
Views:	24 
Size:	125.9 KB 
ID:	34925
    Last edited by Boost; 07-30-2018 at 07:49 PM. Reason: Addition of supporting Image

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.