mminieri is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Access 2013 64bit

Question How to prevent subREPORTS from breaking across pages? [Access 2016]

I have a dynamic REPORT, the contents of which are determined by "sections" (subjects) of information needed
    and selected by a user from a FORM. These "sections" are TABBED PAGES on the form and there are about 30 of them.
    Every RECORD can thus have a siginificant quantity of different combinations of "sections". On PREVIEW / PRINT
    each "section" is a subREPORT however, ONLY THOSE WITH DATA appear on the report. No subreport consumes an entire
    page and - depending on their heights (variable) - more than one can fit a single page. The number of pages needed
    is not important to me. The structure is such that there are no large blank spaces or blank pages on the REPORT.
    All of this works very well (I'm running Access 2016).

There is only 1 PROBLEM ISSUE at this point: If the last subREPORT on a page will not fit entirely on that page, that
    subREPORT gets broken so that PART of the subREPORT appears at the top of the next page. The OBJECTIVE of this Post is
    to find a solution that will force the subREPORTS move - as a complete single section - to the next page instead of
    breaking. The following typical solutions do not work;

* "KeepTogether" does not work on "SUBreports" no matter where it is applied.

* I cannot use GROUPING/SORTING because the limit is about 20 using headers and footers, and I have about 30.

* Simply inserting a conventional "pagebreak" on the report would simply add pages and bloat the report to the extreme.

I am actually quite a novice at developing with this complexity, so any solution will need to be conveyed with the
    complete coding to try please. I don't need suggestions like having less "subreports". There are indications online that
    my objective is "IMPOSSIBLE" and maybe it is. I suspect that a solution - if there is one - will be a long, complex code
    the can somehow determine the HEIGHT of the subREPORTS and the space available for it, then force a page break if it wont fit.

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.