Behedwin is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows 10 Access 2016

work with several small tables

I need some tips and trix on how to start working with access in a better way.
    I have just started to think about a new project.

This time i want to avoid large tables and split them up in smaller more managable tables.

But now when i have my first set of tables to try this out....
    Person_Table
    Phone_Table
    Address_Table

When i start to build a form to act as a profile, display the person and all its contact information.
    Only way i can come to think of how to do this is a form with different subforms.

But i really struggle to work with subforms... they look so awful in terms of leaving dead space after last record and not removing scrollbars even tho there are plenty of space left under the last record.

So now i want to know if i am missing something.
    Is there another way of displaying data from several tables that have a relationship, in a form?
    For example a person with 4 phonenumbers and another with just 1.... make it look somewhat decent....

Beetle is offline Unrelatable
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    Quote Originally Posted by Behedwin View Post
    When i start to build a form to act as a profile, display the person and all its contact information.
    Only way i can come to think of how to do this is a form with different subforms.
    It depends on what you're doing with the form. If it is just for display purposes you can join two or more tables together with a query, then use that query as the record source of the form. This is usually only done when the form is just for data display because multi-table queries are often read only (i.e. you can't edit or add new records). If you need to use the form for data entry, then you typically use a form (or a form/subform) with a single table query as the record source for each form.

Quote Originally Posted by Behedwin View Post
    ... they look so awful in terms of leaving dead space after last record and not removing scrollbars even tho there are plenty of space left under the last record.
    All of this can be corrected using various properties of the subform control, or the subform itself. You can hide scroll bars, make the border transparent, etc., etc. If you wanted you could make the subform essentially blend right in with the main form so the user would not even notice the transition.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.