Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    farmi is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by Gicu View Post
    Try:
    Code:
    If IsNull(Me.Geneesmiddel + Me.KNMPNummer + Me.Uiterlijk + Me.Vorm + Me.HoudbaarheidKoertGDS) = true Then
      MsgBox "Niet alle velden zijn ingevuld!"
      Cancel = True
      Me.Geneesmiddel.SetFocus
    End If
    If you want to keep the slashes you could replace them with underscodes just in the filename: FileName =Replace(Me.Geneesmiddel,"/","_") & Me.Id

Not sure what you mean regarding ontstripsearch as it is already a report.

Cheers,
    Vlad
    I added the code, it works. but it still makes a pdf even when the form is missing fields... how to block this?

-In the homescreenadmin, there is a button called ontstripsearch that executes qryonstripsearch. the ouput of that is a table. my question is if it is possible to have a report as an output? so that the user cant modify any records from labeloutput

Another question: i want users to have to enter the password again when trying to use the onstripformulierform or the geneesmiddelbewerkingsformulier. So as an extra safety they fill out the passwordn in that form again.
    also i would like the database or the forms to show who's logged in. maybe link the log in from the login screen with the intials combobox or something? what would be a good system for this?
    Last edited by farmi; 07-31-2018 at 08:09 AM.

Gicu is offline VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    Sorry, I am away this week, will repply when home.

Windows 10 Access 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by farmi View Post
    I added the code, it works. but it still makes a pdf even when the form is missing fields... how to block this?
    i already fixed this part myself with an error handler. the other 2 problems i still have.
    Code:
    Sorry, I am away this week, will repply when home.
    ok no problem ill wait

Gicu is offline VIP
    Hi there, please see the attached file. I have added a local system table (usysSettings) where it stores the current user and a password hash that it can be used to prompt for additional passwords. You can add fields to that table (such as locations of various files, etc.). I have also edited your report to fit on one page (landscape) and the button opens the report not the query now.

Cheers,
    Vlad
    Attached Files Attached Files

Windows 10 Access 2016
    thanks the password prompt is nice. is it possible to automatically select initials( in the geneesmiddelbewerkformulier and onstripformulier?) after logging in? this way you can see on which account your logged in.

you used an older version of my database i see, please check the drive for the latest version.

Gicu is offline VIP
    Yes it is possible you need to add code in the open or load events of the forms to do a dlookup in the users table using the stored login in the usysSettings, so it would be something like dlookup("[Initials]","[Users]","[Login] ='" & dlookup("[UserName]","[usysSettings]") & "'").

I will not be able to help you much for a while as I am going in vacation as of tomorrow.

Cheers,
    Vlad

Windows 10 Access 2016
    Hi,
    I hope you've enjoyed your holidays! if you are back already i have a question:

Ive integrated the password prompt in a few other buttons aswell. but sometimes it doesnt delete the password of the previous user. for example: user1 logs in and logs out, user 2 logs in and the system still only accepts the password from user 1

Gicu is offline VIP
    Hi there, you can add some code to the open event of the login form to clear the usysSettings table when the database opens, something like CurrentDb.Execute "DELETE * FROM usysSettings;", dbFailOnError.

Cheers,
    Vlad

Windows 10 Access 2016
    i tried that but that didnt work either...
    please check most recent version of my database : https://drive.google.com/open?id=18o...tKowltLyD9PlFR

Gicu is offline VIP
    Relink it and try it now.

Cheers,
    Vlad
    Attached Files Attached Files

Windows 10 Access 2016
    awesome it works!
    next problem:
    1. how do i let the database autobackup a backup file or back end ? maybe everytime someone logs out or closes the program?
    2. when i input a new record in geneesmiddelinvoerformulier it prompts for a id, how do i turn this off?
    3. how do i add a autoprint on save when i save a record in geneesmiddelinvoerformulier and geneesmiddelbewerkformulier?
    4. lastly, the inactitvation of the gpk numbers doesnt work like the inactivation of the barcodes does. products that have inactive gpk numbers can still be scanned and registered.

thanks a lot again.

Windows 10 Access 2016
    Bump. Have you had any time to take a look?
    latest version : https://drive.google.com/open?id=1mI...PCphpEVf-6xdBX

Gicu is offline VIP
    Sorry haven't had time to look at it, it is hunting season in my neck of the woods... For the first one I thing you should give it some more thought as the backup copies can pile up quite fast the way you want it. It can be done but you need to think about disk space, naming conventions and general usability. As an alternative you could export the main tables as text files and keep a rolling 5 or 10 copies of each (every time you shot down you replace the oldest set with a new one).

For your other questions I would need to look at the file and I'm not sure when I'll have the time in the next two weeks. You should try to look at the code and see what is different.

Cheers,
    Vlad

Windows 10 Access 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by Gicu View Post
    Sorry haven't had time to look at it, it is hunting season in my neck of the woods... For the first one I thing you should give it some more thought as the backup copies can pile up quite fast the way you want it. It can be done but you need to think about disk space, naming conventions and general usability. As an alternative you could export the main tables as text files and keep a rolling 5 or 10 copies of each (every time you shot down you replace the oldest set with a new one).

For your other questions I would need to look at the file and I'm not sure when I'll have the time in the next two weeks. You should try to look at the code and see what is different.

Cheers,
    Vlad
    i dont need seperate versions of the backups, overwriting the same one is good enough.
    ill see if i can come up with something myself, until you're back.

happy hunting

Windows 10 Access 2016

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.