Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Gicu is offline VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    How you're making out with your changes? Please feel free to use the free utility I have on my website(http://forestbyte.com/ms-access-util...end-compacter/) which allows you to schedule back-end compacting and would also create a local copy (which would be your backup) of the compacted back-end in your desired location on your C:\ drive.

Cheers,
    Vlad

farmi is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=18o...tKowltLyD9PlFR

newest files, i fixed some issues myself but i stil get an error when saving the geneesmiddelbewerkformulier with the error handler. if i remove this it does work though. also it doesnt want to autoprint the report on paper with the code i wrote.

Also why is overzichtstabellistform acting strange? starting on record nr 861 instead of nr 1?
    Last edited by farmi; 10-30-2018 at 09:16 AM.

Gicu is offline VIP
    Have a look at the updated front-end (needs to be relinked).

Cheers,
    Vlad
    Attached Files Attached Files

Windows 10 Access 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by Gicu View Post
    Have a look at the updated front-end (needs to be relinked).

Cheers,
    Vlad
    What did you change? the overzichtstabellistform only? how did you do this?

what about automatically printing the report after pressing save in the geneesmiddelbewerkformulier? how do i do this?

i still get the previous user that was logged in in the loginform on logging out. how to clear this?

Gicu is offline VIP
    Hi, here is an updated front-end that should fix the login form issue. To remove the error in overzichtstabellistform I have replaced Docmd.... saverecord with Me.Dirty=False. For the geneesmiddelbewerkformulier autosave it works for me, you need to check the path. You did not say if all users are using the same computer to work with this or do they have their own front-end and share the back-end on a local network (the preferred way). The path you have hardcoded in the form is not available to any user other than the mana......, so that might be your problem. I have replaced the hardcoded path to a dlookup in the new usysSettings table;try to use a generic path that is not affected by the logon on Windows user (C:\MyApp\PrintScreens or something like that). Even better, if using a network drive to share the back-end save the PDFs in the same folder (in a subfolder).

Cheers,
    Vlad

Windows 10 Access 2016
    Thanks! i was talking about autoprint, not autosave.
    saving the pdf's works perfectly, but i also want it to print on paper automatically after saving. also i want it to close the form after saving but docmd close doesnt work anymore all of a sudden
    this program runs on 1 computer locally at this time

btw i just made a new record in overzichtabel, it shows it in the combobox of overzichtabelistform, but when i click it it doesnt select... why is this?

other question: how do i hide the password typed in the password prompt? (like on the login form where you only see the stars instead of letters)

lastly: you explained to me previously but how do i set the intials in the ontstripformulier and geneesmiddelbewerkformulier to the person thats logged in? (instead of using the current combobox) so that its impossible to use other users initials.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=161...zZ_6py00Sldvre

Gicu is offline VIP
    Here is an updated front-end that should address most of your questions. Please note that I noticed that quite a few of my previous changes were gone from the version you uploaded. I will leave it up to you to make sure you have the latest....

The reason the new record shows in the combo but cannot be selected is probably that you forgot to add the corresponding record in GPKTabel (the form is based on the query with an equijoin between GPKTabel and Overzichtabel, meaning the new entry must be in both tables to show up in the form).

Cheers,
    Vlad

Windows 10 Access 2016
    Please note that I noticed that quite a few of my previous changes were gone from the version you uploaded. I will leave it up to you to make sure you have the latest....
    oh i wasnt aware of this im sorry.. ive now just used your database as the new version we use here.

The reason the new record shows in the combo but cannot be selected is probably that you forgot to add the corresponding record in GPKTabel (the form is based on the query with an equijoin between GPKTabel and Overzichtabel, meaning the new entry must be in both tables to show up in the form).

Cheers,
    Vlad
    I see. is it possible to integrate these tables back to 1 table ? to put the GPK numbers back in the overzichtstabel according to their corresponding knmpnumber? i tried some updateQuery's but the only thing that did was make new records..

I added the login fix that you made that shows who's logged in to the forms i wanted. Also added some code to make the entry of the username in capslock

Gicu is offline VIP
    Have a look at posts number 29 and 30 for the reason why the GPKTabel table is needed. You can decide based on your data if you want to combine them.

Cheers,
    Vlad

Windows 10 Access 2016
    why is it important that we keep these in different tables? For the barcode it comes in handy i agree. I dont really see the point for the gpk code though. especially because each item only has 1 gpk code but several barcodes.
    Can you tell me the reason i need to keep these in different tables?
    current frontend: https://drive.google.com/open?id=161...zZ_6py00Sldvre

Gicu is offline VIP
    Read the post number 29 and 30 (on page 2 of this thread) for the reason. You have a one to many relationship between GPK and knmpnummer and it is best addressed by having the GPK/knmpnummer combinations in a separate table (otherwise you are repating the GPK which is against the principles of good relational database design).

Cheers,
    Vlad

Windows 10 Access 2016
    Read the post number 29 and 30 (on page 2 of this thread) for the reason. You have a one to many relationship between GPK and knmpnummer and it is best addressed by having the GPK/knmpnummer combinations in a separate table (otherwise you are repating the GPK which is against the principles of good relational database design).

Cheers,
    Vlad
    I see, ill keep it that way then.
    The problem is now that when i enter a new record via the geneesmiddelbewerkformulier that it has some issues with the gpk number.

it doesnt save it correctly using the form, so then i cant find it in the overzichtstabellistform and i need to manually add the gpkcode in the gpktable in the backend.

What am i doing wrong? all the tables and forms seem to be linked correctly.

newest frontend:
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=1nP...grK8ZSuyHibLez
    backend:
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=1e8...NiDANbcezrt7rS

Gicu is offline VIP
    Can you try it now (I have replaced the text box for the gpkcode with a subform similar to the barcodes)?

Cheers,
    Vlad

Windows 10 Access 2016
    thanks! is it not possible to use a textbox?

#2: is it possible to output a different report when using the data entry mode instead of the edit mode on the geneesmiddelbewerkformulier?

Gicu is offline VIP
    You need a subform to allow for multiple gpkcodes for the same knmpnummer.

Have a look at the updated front-end (the geneesmiddelbewerkformulier form). I have fixed some coding there that was messing up the first record (on the OnOpen event you were setting the initials to the person currently logged on which was continuously overwriting the first record). And I have added an If statement to allow you to do what you asked in #2.

Cheers,
    Vlad

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.