Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

scan medicine inventory system

Gicu is offline Competent Performer
    Windows 8 Access 2013

No need for file now. Have a look at the IIf function: https://support.office.com/en-us/art...0-647539c764e3

Cheers,
    Vlad

farmi is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    So all of that works now.

Im trying to add a login form using this: http://accesshosting.com/create-login-form-ms-access
    not quite working yet, not sure how to add the macro to the button. i already assigned it but its not functioning.
    what should i do with the textboxes? assign them to the columns? wouldnt that make the form edit the name in the colum? i want to prevent that ofcourse.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Windows 8 Access 2013
    Here it is. You changed the table name and field name (password from userpassword in the code). Please note that the code makes reference to a form frmUserInfo that you do not yet have (in that one you do want to bind the fields from tblUser to allow them to change their password).

On my site I have a free download that allows you to customize the look and functionality of an Access database for certain groups (levels) of users: http://forestbyte.com/ms-access-util...access-levels/. It might be an overkill for you but I thought I'll just point it out.

Cheers,
    Vlad

farmi is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    Oh great thanks, it all works now again. i changed some code and tabelnames.
    your system looks really nice, but indeed i think it would be overkill for my program. my current setup works now so thats fine.

So moving on:
    -would it be possible to create some sort of error when a barcode is not found in my database? how would i do this or what is the term i need to search for online?
    - can i add multiple barcodes per record? should i just add some colums with additional barcodes?
    - sometimes i want to inactivate a record, so that it still is in the table but not active. Why? because sometimes the productbrand changes but it still is the same product.
    so it would be great to have multiple products but only 1 active. example:

product 1 brand a several barcodes, active record, will scan correctly
    product 1 brand b several barcodes inactive record, will give error when scanned
    product 1 brand c several barcodes inactive record, will give error when scanned
    product 1 brand d several barcodes inactive record, will give error when scanned

- is it possible to color a icon or something that will show green when scan is recognised and red when scan isnt recognised?

- i changed the date format of houdbaarheidorigineleverpakking to month and year only, as this is the only info displayed on the product (its the expiracy date).
    is it possible to get a datepicker that only uses month and year? the datepicker in the form uses day month year as a format. (and if stored just use the first day of the month as a value)

thanks again!

Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    -would it be possible to create some sort of error when a barcode is not found in my database? how would i do this or what is the term i need to search for online?
    you would need to use dlookup or dcount to look for the barcodes
    - can i add multiple barcodes per record? should i just add some colums with additional barcodes?
    I wouldn't add additional fields in the same table; instead create a new join table holiding ProductID|Barcode|Active(Yes/No)
    - sometimes i want to inactivate a record, so that it still is in the table but not active. Why? because sometimes the productbrand changes but it still is the same product.
    so it would be great to have multiple products but only 1 active. example:

product 1 brand a several barcodes, active record, will scan correctly
    product 1 brand b several barcodes inactive record, will give error when scanned
    product 1 brand c several barcodes inactive record, will give error when scanned
    product 1 brand d several barcodes inactive record, will give error when scanned
    See above new table with new Active field (Yes/No)
    - is it possible to color a icon or something that will show green when scan is recognised and red when scan isnt recognised?
    first question asks for error if not present - use the same dlookup formula as a conditional formating expression for the barcode field font color
    i changed the date format of houdbaarheidorigineleverpakking to month and year only, as this is the only info displayed on the product (its the expiracy date).
    is it possible to get a datepicker that only uses month and year? the datepicker in the form uses day month year as a format. (and if stored just use the first day of the month as a value)
    the date picker picks a date, there is no month picker. And you should keep it as a date (first of the month) in case you will need to do calculations (how many months to expiration date) - if you change it to month-year it will be harder. Simply apply Format("MMM-YYYY") to your expiration date field to present it as Jun-2018.

I haven't touched your new db. Post back if you need help with any of these.

Cheers,
    Vlad

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.