JAL3 is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2016

Greetings from a New Member

Howdy,

I'm a new member of the forum. I found it my searching for Access forums hoping that I would find a place to help me through some of the learning process.

I'm new to actually working with Access. I learned a little about it in 2003 when I was in seminary. The version of MS Office I purchased included Access but I had no idea what it was. I remember buying a text written by Allison Balter. The name sticks with me because I found it to be one of the best texts on any subject I ever examined. Instead of just finding out what Access is all about, she actually made it sound interesting to me. I never really did anything with it except try to put together a simple DB to manage my wedding when I got married in 2006.

In the intervening years, I've survived (so far) a brain tumor, marriage and the step children that came with unlimited liability but absolutely ZERO authority. I never did anything with Access but I have had an idea for a project rumbling around in the back of my mind, what's left of it anyway, for a decade and a half. Now, I've decided to try build my project.

I have found that the program has had some changes since I last tried to mess with it. I have also found that Balter's text is no longer anywhere to be found among my books and that there has not been an updated copy for several program revisions. Most of all, I have found that the things I have tried have seldom worked as I thought they would. My hope is that I will be able to ask for advice around this place and figure out how to put my project together before senility renders the project completely moot. Of course my wife and my bishop would both argue that I have long passed that point.

Greetings to all and thanks in advance for putting up with me.

Bob Fitz is offline Access Developer
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2013
    Welcome to the "mad house". Ooops, sorry, I mean forum
    If this helped, please click the star at the bottom left of this posting and add to my reputation . Many thanks.
    Bob Fitzpatrick

Jasonaldean is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2013 64bit
    Hello dear,
    Welcome in this forum.

JAL3 is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasonaldean View Post
    Hello dear,
    Welcome in this forum.
    Howdy.

It's nice to be back.

I've been out of commission for a little over a week after a tooth broke and led to some complications. Now I'm looking at what I set up in my project before and wondering, "what the *&*%# was I doing?!"

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.