DBenz is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit

Query with look up list to vary the criteria how is this done?

Hi,
    I need to create a continuous form that pulls in entries from a query, that query placing video title in AtoZ order for all videos located on a certain drive letter,

thus I open the form, I select the PC drive letter from a lookup list, the list I already have made for the table, or maybe have to make again for the query, and then I see record after record displaying that drive letter with the video titles in A to Z order.

I can then compare the continuous form to my windows explorer view of that drive letters contents.

In the table I have a look up list with the drive letter details typed in, separated by ; "driveD";"DriveE"; and so on, but in the query am I right in saying I would need to access this lookup list in 'criteria' ?
    how do I get this lookup list in the query criteria cell? (if thats where I need it to be)

Would it then be that I select the drive there in the query first then run the query then open the continuous form and the drive is already displayed, or can I have it that I access that list when in continuous form and everything changes as I select drive G when it was showing drive L, that would be preferred.

DBenz

Rainlover is offline Expert
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2003
    The Drives should be kept in a table.

Create your Form.

In the header of the form have a combo box that displays the contents from your table.

Open your query in design view then for the criteria of the "Drives" select the combo box from the form.

This is easy to write if you use the criteria builder of the query.

There are other ways to do it but this would appear to be the simplest that comes to mind.

You will probably have to refresh the data on the form after updating the combo box

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.