ceatana is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Access 2010 64bit

When importing table, not all records imported

Good afternoon.

I am trying to import my data into a new database and most of it gets imported. However, I get a message that:

"The contents of fields in 5 record(s) were deleted, and 347 record(s) were lost due to key violations"

Is there any way of finding out what the key violations were? And which fields were deleted? I'm in a testing phase, so if I can fix the issue before importing the data to the final version of the database, that would be preferable...

Also, after importing the data, I tried to export the table to Excel (to do a quick comparison of the tables to identify the records that were lost), and I keep getting an error that "Microsoft access database engine stopped the process because you and another user are attempting to change the same data at the same time." Only, there is definitely no one else using the database (it's currently on a separate computer for testing). I can export it only if I click on the "Export data with formatting and layout" check box.

Thanks!

Micron is offline Virtually Inert Person
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    You didn't say you were attempting to only add new records or update by over writing, or what. So maybe you should be wiping the table and then reload it. To see what the problem records are, put them in a new temporary table then run a query using the new and current target table, looking for matches between the key fields. As for the deleted part of your post, that might be a normal consequence of your actions. Are you saying this is expected or is it not?
    The more we hear silence, the more we begin to think about our value in this universe.
    Paraphrase of Professor Brian Cox.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.