henricirc is offline Novice
    Windows 7 Access 2003

Form to show query results and generate reports of these results.

not sure if this is possible but here it goes...

I want to be able to use text box(txtsearch) in a form called pickpatients to fill in the parameter and run a query (PatientQuery1) to search patients by last name. Then, take the results of that query and display in a listbox on the form. Finally, select a result from the list box press a cmdbutton and display the result information in a report.

I know this is a lot. I have access 2003. I designed the query which works great. The way my form is now, when i open the form the query parameter box opens and not the form (not a big deal), then the listbox displays the results of the first query. I am stuck here because when I run subsequent searches when the form is open(by clicking cmdsearch) the query results are displayed in a separate query window rather than the listbox. The report viewing completely baffles me. PLEASE HELP!!!

Heres the row source of the listbox:
    SELECT [PatientQuery1].[Patient ID], [PatientQuery1].[Medical Records ID], [PatientQuery1].[Last Name], [PatientQuery1].[First Name], [PatientQuery1].[Sex], [PatientQuery1].[Diagnosis Code 1], [PatientQuery1].[Date of Visit] FROM PatientQuery1 ORDER BY [Patient ID];

maximus is offline Expert
    Windows 7 Access 2010 (version 14.0)
    There is a question that I have why does your form open with the parameter box. Is it Recordsource is a conditional query.

I have done the folowing
    I have table member
    I have have made a form using it table1
    I have created a Query Query1 with the fllowing criteria to the member_id field :
    Forms!table1!Text0

Text0 is the TextBox in which i type my member Id which is used as the criteria for the Query1 member_id

I have a list Box List0 the RowSource of which is is Query1.

I then attache this code to the afterupdate event of the Text0
    Me.List0.Requery

Now when I open form table1 the List box is blank, but when I type an ID number in Text0 and press enter the list box Displays the Name and the ID Number

maximus is offline Expert
    Windows 7 Access 2010 (version 14.0)
    check the form table1. Type an Id number like 1 or 2. press enter see the Id and name being displayed in listbox

Dwright05 is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2003
    I know this is an old post but this was exactly what I was looking for and it helped great. But I also wanted to be able to click on one of the results and then open the original form that was used to enter the data. Therefore I can edit that record.
    I have tried a bunch of stuff and right now I'm pretty lost, any help would be great.

thanks

TG_W is offline Competent Performer
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2007
    Hi, Dwright05. Welcome to the forums.

Try adding a button in the Detail section of the form and use the code below. This should pop up the form you want to edit in based off of the record you want. Obviously, replace your information with the temporary form and record names.

DoCmd.OpenForm "youredittingformnamehere", , , "[YourID]='" & Me!YourID & "'"

Ray67 is offline Competent Performer
    Windows XP Access 2003
    Hi

Is this possible. After it display the results in the form, i would like for my user to be able to make changes to the data and updated it.

Thank you

TG_W is offline Competent Performer
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2007
    Ray,

After your results display in your form, you will need to create a second form to edit whatever data you want. Call the form using the code I posted, and you should be able to update the data.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.