Younan is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 64bit

Help with databse structure

I am a beginner in access using access 2010, I am trying to build a database of our church, we are more than 500 families and total members are above 1330 persons.

My goal is to build a database in which I put the names, address, age and other information and also to count the fee that each family has to pay every year, and I have data from year 2014 and I want this database to continue counting in future.

The fee was 400 kr for adults and 200 kr for children and it changed from 1 jan, 2017 to 500 kr for adults only the children fee was not changed.
    So I want to first to start with year 2014 and count how many adult and children members in each family ( only active ) and multiply by their fee and deduct the amount from their contribution that was paid in year 2014 and move the difference if minus or plus to year 2015 , and to continue doing the same in 2015 & 2016

2017 the fee for adult should change to 500. And this to be done to active members And that it can continue to do so at least ten years or if possible forever. But also to allow me to see if I check on a family the hole history of fees and contributions from day 1 that the family was registered.

and if a new family is registered the fees will be count from the registration year.

And also to get reports , such as the total members how many adults, how many children, new born , dead , moved , active, non-active or left the church.

I have started making a database and made some tables and a query, but now I am stuck, if you just could update on my attached database and change in tables and add needed queries to help me achieve my goal above. also if my tables need to be joined together or to split it ok to do that.

I can manage Forms and report by myself, I just need help in how my tables and my queries should look like so please feel free in doing whatever changes needed to be done.
    I appreciate any help and thanks to all for your help and time.

Best regards

Younan
    Attached Files Attached Files

ranman256 is online now VIP
    Windows Vista Access 2010 32bit
    You may want a tMembers table...it has every individual name.
    the record would have a HouseID.

the tHousehold table would be an address. This ID would attach to everyone in the home,in tMembers table.

HouseID,address,city,state,zip
    321, 11 main st. , Ny,NY,20343

tMembers ttable:
    MemID,firstN, lastN,HouseID, birth,memberType
    443, bob,smith , 321, 1\1\1980,family
    444,joan, smith, 321, 2\12\1981

tDues table:
    memID, dateDue, AmtDue,note, feeType

tPayments table,

ssanfu is offline Master of Nothing
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2010 32bit
    Younan,

Welcome to the forum.

You probably will not get many responses because no one would be interested in creating your dB for you..... at least not for free.

I would suggest you slow down a bit. Work through the tutorials at http://www.rogersaccesslibrary.com/forum/forum46.html . Actually work through the tutorials - it will teach you a lot.
    After that, design your table structures using pencil and paper, whiteboard, cardboard, sticky notes.... whatever you want. Once you have the table structures & relationships, try adding data (not in the database yet) to see how the design works.

You could post the table structures and relationships here for review and comment.

The last step would be to start creating the tables, queries, forms and reports in Access.

Good luck with your project........

as a starting point, it is important to understand the proper design of a database. This link should help you to get started.

https://www.coursehero.com/file/8261...atabaseDesign/

Then the tutorials that Steve has offered up. Take it slow and steady and the results will be great.

Younan is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 64bit
    thanks for all that responded , i attached above the access database i started with, so if just someone could do an update on that.
    also i will take a look at the tutorials.

Thanks again.

Younan Yalda

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.