lfr is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit

How do I indicate time of last data entry using colours?

Hello,

I'm very new to Access.

I'm making a small "checks" database for work. Users will submit data of when they last checked a piece of equipment using Infopath. When the database loads it opens a form that has a link to all of the tables so that someone can check when each table was last updated. Only problem with this is that there are a number of tables and to go through each takes some time.
    Is there a way to indicate on the form that opens when access is loaded, a time frame of when the table last had a data entry? Potentially using a colour change (ie red if last data entry was over 24 hours ago, green if last data entry was under 24 hours ago) or just having a label that shows when the last data entry time/date was for each table?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

ranman256 is online now VIP
    Windows Vista Access 2010 32bit
    You only need 2 tables ,
    tEquip, tLog

the item in tEquip is assigned a PersonID, when the item is brought back, PersonID =null.
    but tLog records both,the checkout and return dates.

tLog tbl:
    EquipID, DateStamp, PersonID, InOut
    321, 5/20/2018 4:30pm, 111, CheckOut

lfr is offline Novice
    Thanks for your input.

The way the database is set up is a bit different to how I originally described sorry. Each table represents an area of the workplace with a number of assigned equipment checks to that area. I'm looking for the simplest way for the coordinator of the whole workplace to see whether all of the checks in each area have been completed, and if they haven't been completed which area specifically to target to complete their allocated checks. For some reason it won't let me load the access file to here for you to see sorry.

Cheers.

isladogs is offline MVP / VIP
    You should be able to colour code using conditional formatting.
    If YourDateField<Date()-1 =>colour RED etc
    Colin, Access MVP, Website, email
    The more I learn, the more I know I don't know. When I don't know, I keep quiet!
    If I don't know that I don't know, I don't know whether to answer

Micron is online now Virtually Inert Person
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    Your design isn't suitable for the task IMHO. Suggest that areas of the whole work place would be stored in a table of inspections (specifically, the PK values from tblAreas being stored as FK values in tblInspections). You can then see all related inspection data; either over all areas, or any combination of areas you require, using properly structured queries. While you might have a table for areas to support area choices on a form combo box (the form being for logging inspections for an area) it doesn't sound right to have a table of inspections for each area. Suggest you research normalization with a concerted study on what defines an entity versus its attributes for your particular business requirement.
    The more we hear silence, the more we begin to think about our value in this universe.
    Paraphrase of Professor Brian Cox.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.