jrock1203 is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Access 2016

Question Converting to a web based solution and/or app?

Good morning!

I'm curious what the best/preferred/most common solution is used or would be appropriate for taking an access db, including tables, forms, reports etc. and converting it to a web based tool with or without apps that can be used.

I'd like to bundle it up, and ultimately consider selling it in my specific industry as there really isn't a similar product.

Ideas?

Apologies if wrong forum, please feel free to close or move.

Thanks!

Jeremy

Beetle is offline Unrelatable
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    The most common solution is not to use Access. Microsoft made a weak attempt in recent years at trying to incorporate web capabilities into the Access platform, but it was mostly a failure and has basically been scrapped. There are ways to remotely work with an Access application by using Terminal Services and the like, but in this scenario you're just accessing it remotely through the internet and running it on the server, the application itself is not a web based tool. If you really want a fully capable web based product that you can sell, and be able to compete in the marketplace, Access is not the right tool (IMO). By the way, I am not bashing Access here, it is an excellent tool, I use it every day, but it is simply not designed to operate in that environment.

jrock1203 is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    The most common solution is not to use Access. Microsoft made a weak attempt in recent years at trying to incorporate web capabilities into the Access platform, but it was mostly a failure and has basically been scrapped. There are ways to remotely work with an Access application by using Terminal Services and the like, but in this scenario you're just accessing it remotely through the internet and running it on the server, the application itself is not a web based tool. If you really want a fully capable web based product that you can sell, and be able to compete in the marketplace, Access is not the right tool (IMO). By the way, I am not bashing Access here, it is an excellent tool, I use it every day, but it is simply not designed to operate in that environment.

Yeah I figured as much. Curious what a better alternative would be suggested/preferred?

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.