Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Sephaerius is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2013 64bit
    Quote Originally Posted by ridders52 View Post
    Thanks for doing all the tests.
    Next possibly stupid question.
    Are you absolutely sure the file exists on the user's computer and is in the specified folder
    I ask because some files have different locations in 32-bit /64-bit

Have you tried defining x, Ext explicitly? As linq spotted earlier, at the moment they are defaulting as variant
    Which file are you referencing specifically, as existing on the users computer?

I could try, but that wouldn't do me any good. The targeted files are daily reports that are named NAMEyyyymmdd.txt. Besides, once again, the function aside from the Kill statement, executes as it should. If there were an issue with the variant, wouldn't the function also fail to perform the copy/paste? And why does this work just fine on Access 2010 x32 and Access 2013 x64, but not on Access 2016 x32?

Micron is offline Virtually Inert Person
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    You do know why I said that, right? Because I'm not linq??
    Your attempts are always appreciated by all, I'm sure. Keep on keepin' on. Your answers in this one were well thought out and worthy of the effort and their consideration. In the meantime, I will park this one while I wait for the OP to clarify the declaration is an issue or not, and what the debug results are. It may not be an issue with the declarations at all, but if I was a betting man...

This
    I have tried creating a completely separate function which does nothing other than execute Kill, with the same error 13 result
    really tells us nothing when the example wasn't presented. The new function could be as faulty as the last one, even if it's not for the same reason.
    Last edited by Micron; 05-03-2018 at 01:11 PM. Reason: added info

Micron is offline Virtually Inert Person
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    I tried debug.Print srcFile, and it returned the correct path/string that it should have.
    Sorry, I missed that because the whole acknowledging paragraph was headed with "Minty". Perhaps I could test in Access 2016 32 bit if I knew what the array was about.
    EDIT: I believe I said all the variables. In playing around, d is "" for me, but then again, I don't get how the array assignment is expected to work. Plus you've said this seems to be a user specific issue that (I think) was working before for said user, so it's puzzling. I don't recall the trusted issue being addressed either. Perhaps I'm forgetting that you did. Methinks that when an established user gets a new version, the trusted locations can get lost for them.

Minty is online now VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    I wonder if that's why I added the on error resume next - I have routines that clear out old log files from a central location, and sometimes the files are "locked" even though no body has had them open for months.

I then list the "undeleteable" ones in a list box and send the list to our IT Admins to execute them at a server level, if I can't manually remove them.
    DLookup Syntax and others http://access.mvps.org/access/general/gen0018.htm
    Please use the star below the post to say thanks if we have helped !
    ↓↓ It's down here ↓↓

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.