h_aaron is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Access 2016

Form design assistance (subform ??) - Access newb

Good morning - I've watched MANY hours of videos and searched forums but I haven't found my answer. Most likely because I'm not searching correctly. So, I've been worn down and need to ask for help. (I'm not good at asking for help). By the way, I know one SQL command - SELECT so I'm using the form designer and such.
    Here's my scenario - I'm performing a space management inventory for a small college. I've created tables and populated them with known information (addresses, building names, organization types, codes, etc) (see Relationship image below). I'd like to create a data entry form that will be populated as we walk thru each building that will populate my Spaces table.

Form design (attached is a mockup of my idea)- Here's my idea but not real sure how to move forward. User would select building address from combo box. Once address was selected the subform? would display any previously entered spaces for that address (existing data). Between the address combo box and the Existing Data subform is a space to enter the necessary data for the new space. Also, I don't want the User to be able to make changes to existing data (that will occur with a change form request). If this post is incorrectly placed or not appropriate, please just let me know.

I appreciate any and all help you can provide. Thanks.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MVIMG_20180425_094410.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	86.2 KB 
ID:	33737Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Relationship.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	137.5 KB 
ID:	33738

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    Unbound combox would be used for selection of building. Use that value to filter main form. Master/Child link properties of subform container will synchronize records. Enter new record in new record row of subform.

Several methods to apply filter criteria. I use VBA to construct filter string and apply to form filter property. Macro can do as well.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.