TrulyVisceral is offline Total N00B
    Windows 8 Access 2010 64bit

Cool Paste data from an excel sheet... into a series of text boxes in a form.

Ok, this is the last thing I'm missing. Afterwards would be just making it look pretty.

Pasting from excel directly into the table is normal. It's the easiest way. But because of a number of reasons, I want to know if it is possible to paste into different text boxes in a form.
    Is it possible to have a button that pastes whatever was copied from excel into the individual text boxes in the form?. The fields never change, it will always be the same 35, always. Some will be empty but, what can you do.

THIS IS JUST FOR CONTEXT. PLEASE IGNORE IF YOU DON'T CARE OR IT ISN'T NECESSARY.

Sorry, but I feel the need to explain this in case someone's like "that's not how it should go m8" (like my previous post about deleting tables).

When the data of the Incidents (dealing with banking ATM, POS, CAT, etc...) I'm working with gets extracted from the main application (HP Service Desk) and into the excel sheets, normally my supervisor would go from sheet to sheet refreshing each individually, so the graphs load properly, but then some have to be manually modified to allow for other stuff... and it's with that stuff where the problems start.

Sometimes the operator doesn't write everything. Maybe it's the provider ticket, or the app used to monitor the issue, no problem, not necessary for the graphs to be shown. But it's still missing, so sometimes they write it wrong, like February's sheet I got, which was missing 7 columns of data for all of the rows (something the operator during that entire month did't bother to notice), so the ones to the right were moved to fill in the blanks... Now, the data missing was not important (I mean, it is if you want to keep track of the Incidents, but let's move on), but that's not how the graphs work, and the data it's not in the column it should (and sometimes it's the important bits, like the Provider itself, or how long the incident lasted) so the graphs detect the column where it SHOULD be as empty, or not the data it uses, and nothing updates, or updates wrong.

This was the point of the DB I made, so it doesn't make those mistakes. There's a manual input, and an import button, but I'm figuring out pasting, in the case my Sup. doesn't feel like writing all 35 fields manually, or copying each individually.
    CONTEXT OVER.
    Last edited by TrulyVisceral; 04-24-2018 at 09:24 AM. Reason: 35, not 37.

ranman256 is online now VIP
    Windows Vista Access 2010 32bit
    You don't really paste into boxes, but rather, paste data into a table, and the boxes show it.
    you could do copy/paste 1 box at a time
    or
    import all fields at once into the table ,then the form shows the data in the box.
    Last edited by ranman256; 04-24-2018 at 03:29 PM.

Gicu is offline VIP
    Windows 8 Access 2013
    Why pasting and not importing? Are the field names the same (the order is irrelevant)? If yes it would be fairly easy to setup an importing task using VBA.

Cheers,
    Vlad

TrulyVisceral is offline Total N00B
    Windows 8 Access 2010 64bit
    I already have a pasting option, as well as import. Just a paste option in the case that there is an Incidente my Sup. just doesn't want to copy/paste each field individually.

Regardless, if it is impossible, then my Database is done. Just change a couple things to make it look pretty. *Feels good man*

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.