spyldbrat is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows XP Access 2007

Joined Tables Data Display Question

Hello,

I have a query with two joined tables.

Table one displays a list jobs by client and table 2 displays the biller responsible for the client. If the client's name does not appear on the billers table, then results of the query does not display any jobs for that client from table one.

How do I get the query to display the data so that all of the data from table one shows in my query regardless if the client exists on table 2

I am not very strong in Access so please dumb down your response for me????

SELECT OPA_Client.[Contract #], Biller.Biller, OPA_Client.[Customer Name], OPA_Client.[Billing Location], OPA_Client.[Customer PO #], OPA_Client.[Shipping Location], OPA_Client.Day, OPA_Client.Date, OPA_Client.[Actual Time In], OPA_Client.[Actual Time Out], OPA_Client.[Lunch Hrs], OPA_Client.[Actual Hrs], OPA_Client.[Effective Hrs], OPA_Client.[Bill Rate], OPA_Client.[Bill Amount], OPA_Client.[Employee Name], OPA_Client.[Temporary / Permanent Site?], OPA_Client.[State/Zip], OPA_Client.[Attendance Tran #], DateDiff("d",[date],Now()) AS Aging
    FROM OPA_Client INNER JOIN Biller ON OPA_Client.[Customer Name] = Biller.[Customer Name];

JoeM is offline VIP
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2007
    You want to use a Left Outer Join from Table1 to Table2, instead of an Inner Join.

See here for how to do that: http://ms-access-tips.blogspot.com/2...oin-query.html

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.