scoutwes is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Access 2013 64bit

Checkbox True/False based on Dropdown Selection

I have a drop down combo box on a form with three possible options,photo, video, and graphics.

I want to make a checkbox for each of those options shows up on a report only if its corresponding value is chosen, otherwise remain hidden.

I've been searching for a couple of days and had no luck.

Can anyone help?

John_G is offline VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    I want to make a checkbox for each of those options shows up on a report only if its corresponding value is chosen, otherwise remain hidden.
    Is the combo box selection being stored to a table? If not, how is the report going to be able to "know" what the selection was?

Bu why would you want a checkbox that essentially duplicates what the combo selection was? Why not just report the combo selection value?

scoutwes is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Access 2013 64bit
    Quote Originally Posted by John_G View Post
    Is the combo box selection being stored to a table? If not, how is the report going to be able to "know" what the selection was?

Bu why would you want a checkbox that essentially duplicates what the combo selection was? Why not just report the combo selection value?
    Yes, the selection from that box is being stored in a table. I'm open to other ways to accomplish this task if you have an idea. But the report I'm printing is based on an existing document that I'm overlaying the inputs from the database onto to complete it. In this case, the dropdown is a selection of a checkbox on the document. While I could just create a checkbox for each option as the simplest route, the dropdown is much cleaner looking!

CJ_London is offline VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    perhaps an option box will do what you require - they work using an incrementing number, 1,2 3 so your combo rowsource will need to supply that number.

be aware that for continuous forms visibility applies to all rows, it is not something that can be set conditionally for each record. And in any event checkboxes cannot be conditionally formatted.

an option box will work in continuous forms, but if you were to add another option you would have to modify your form. So far as I am aware they are not filterable if that is going to be a requirement.

further thought is to use a text box which using a wingdings character can be made to look like a checkbox. Again in a continuous form you cannot affect visibility conditionally, but you can conditionally set the forecolor to the backcolor which effectively hides it.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.