beckysright is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 64bit

Link Excel to Access Data - Join Issue

I have created a query that works perfectly in Access but it has 3 outer joins to combine the data. When I try to link Excel to this data, it pulls the data from a table but not the data from the outer queries. I need this join to show all data rather than just a portion. I have researched it and it seems that Excel does not like outer joins, found HERE.

Maybe I am not advanced enough but I can't seem to work around in any manner.
    Not everyone who will use this data will have the ability to use Access so it must be in Excel. I need the file to be constantly updated or I will be running an update query all the time. Can you either provide me with a workaround or tell me how I can create an action query to run every so many minutes (or upon opening this excel file) without me manually doing this?
    Thank you for your help, in advance!
    Data that shows is from the YEARDateLinked Table. The columns pull for the query data but does not have the information:

SELECT YEARDATELinked.Date, YEARDATELinked.YearOF, YEARDATELinked.MonthOF, YEARDATELinked.DateOF, YEARDATELinked.WeekNumOF, YEARDATELinked.WeekDayOF, YEARDATELinked.YearAuto, qryUnionDaysbyWeek.Auto, qryUnionDaysbyWeek.FormProjectDays, qryUnionDaysbyWeek.ProjectedDate, qryUnionDaysbyWeek.CountforDay, QRYFormDataLinkedALL.FormName, QRYFormDataLinkedALL.FormProject
    FROM (qryUnionDaysbyWeek RIGHT JOIN YEARDATELinked ON qryUnionDaysbyWeek.ProjectedDate = YEARDATELinked.Date) LEFT JOIN QRYFormDataLinkedALL ON qryUnionDaysbyWeek.Auto = QRYFormDataLinkedALL.Auto;

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    Why can't they use Access? Have you considered installing Access Runtime?
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

beckysright is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 64bit
    Most of the end users are very intimidated by Access.. my end goal here is a PivotTable - which they know how to use. Also, Access costs more per user and we are trying to save money.
    I had never heard of Access Runtime (guess that shows how limited I am) and I can see where that would be fantastic! I can create a Cross-tab query but I still don't think that is right for my end users.

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    I have a workbook that pulls in data from Access query. The query is a UNION that includes another query that has multiple tables using RIGHT JOIN. Works great.

The workbook uses VBA to open recordset object and feed data to cells. The SQL for the recordset is very simple.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

ssanfu is offline Master of Nothing
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2010 32bit
    SELECT YEARDATELinked.Date, YEARDATELinked.YearOF, YEARDATELinked.MonthOF
    Be aware that "Date" is a reserved word and a built in function in Access and Excel. Can cause you MAJOR headaches......

Plus, "Date" is not very descriptive.... "Date" of what?? Birth? Hire date? Termination? Start of spring?

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.