Access 2010 emailing a report with specific inforation just for one particular department.

I have been asked to look the possibility of emailing reports to contacts that meet certain parameters.

I currently have a access database that has a list of contacts that I have a field labeled email address. Currently the email address field is in a text format. I would presume I would need to change the field to a hyperlink field first of all. Then I need to enter information into an inquiry screen and then after words run a report using query that will generate a report that any information that was entered into the database since a particular date and time. This report I need should only be emailed to certain people that actually has had items added since last reporting date and time. The report will also need just information relating to them and not the report in its entirety.

Hope this makes since. I can try to come up with an example if need to be.

NTC is offline VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2013
    With an Access report opened on screen. A user can right click upon it - and one of the options is to send as Email as a pdf attachment.

To automate sending to a group becomes a more involved design using the Send Object method - you'll want to look at online tutorials for this topic. This presumes Outlook or some other email client on the user's PC. Once you get to web based email it becomes much further complicated requiring API to the hosting company (i.e. Gmail).

isladogs is offline MVP / VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    I send email using CDO. Email addresses are stored as text fields. Definitely NOT hyperlinks.

If each person receives the same report, you could create a query filtered to those people who should receive your report.
    Then use code to concatenate the email addresses as a string with each address separated by a semicolon
    You can then run code to send the email and pdf attachment to all those addresses.

Otherwise it's a bit more complicated to automate
    Colin, Access MVP, Website, email
    The more I learn, the more I know I don't know. When I don't know, I keep quiet!
    If I don't know that I don't know, I don't know whether to answer

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.