Perfac is offline Expert
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2016

Max or Dmax?

In South Africa our VatRate increases from 14% to 15% on the 1st April. In my Vat table there are 9 Vat Codes or Catagories. 4 which will have rates and 5 that will have a zero rate since it is Zero rated items and Exempted items. It is the first time since VAT came in 24 years ago that there is a change. Developers are scrambling right now. I want to learn how my application can do what I want it to. I want:

a. Invoices up to now is connected to those records, I cant see changing those records.
    b. 4 records is going to be added to the 9 there. The Vatcode is going to be the same for the 4 that change.
    c. But the rate will change from 14% to 15% and there is a "StartDate11" field.

d. For my customers using my app I want them to simply enter another record in Table t02VatRate and things must be right if there is a change in future again.
    e. It would have been a solution if I could find the way to filter a query to show 9 records with the newest in Startdate11 against Vatcode. Pbaly has given me a way to result in a query with the needed records, but the query is not updatable, and I can not use that for the invoices. A few of you guys has tried to help me, but no luck yet. I am trying again.

CJ_London is online now VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    c. But the rate will change from 14% to 15% and there is a "StartDate11" field.
    you do need an 'effective from' date of change field so you know which rate is relevant for any given day.
    d. For my customers using my app I want them to simply enter another record in Table t02VatRate and things must be right if there is a change in future again.
    they will need to add the relevant data as and when it changes in the future unless you are providing some sort of update patch to add the new records - and if so, if you are providing a good service, a method of confirming they have applied it.
    e. It would have been a solution if I could find the way to filter a query to show 9 records with the newest in Startdate11 against Vatcode. Pbaly has given me a way to result in a query with the needed records, but the query is not updatable, and I can not use that for the invoices. A few of you guys has tried to help me, but no luck yet. I am trying again.
    don't know how your app is working, but I would not expect you to need an updateable app for invoices - the invoice will either store the rate looked up, or you would store the PK to the relevant record

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.