Darkmatter is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Access 2016

Is there a way to convert a Works 6 database that includes a form over to Access?

I'm looking into this for someone I know. I've heard of people using Excel but this person doesn't just have a spreadsheet database but also a billing form that is largely an image file with blank spaces for specific information to be inputted.

The the spreadsheet is a normal spreadsheet and the form looks like this, I've whited out all the data for privacy reasons. I believe they are using the most current version of Access. Even if we have to import and export it through several versions of Works, Access, Excel, whatever, is there a way to eventually get it into Access intact?

Thanks.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Works6Form.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	140.0 KB 
ID:	32648

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    Get what into Access - the image? As a form in Access? What do you mean by image? Is this a png or jpg file that has somehow been pulled into Works? Then textboxes created on top of image? The same can be done in Access (I've done it). However, that will not help you build the Access data structure.

If you want to import data, that may be possible if Excel can open Works files then save as Excel file. Access can link to Excel tables.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Windows 10 Access 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by June7 View Post
    Get what into Access - the image? As a form in Access? What do you mean by image? Is this a png or jpg file that has somehow been pulled into Works? Then textboxes created on top of image? The same can be done in Access (I've done it). However, that will not help you build the Access data structure.

If you want to import data, that may be possible if Excel can open Works files then save as Excel file. Access can link to Excel tables.
    Sorry for not being detailed enough. I'm not familiar with Access, Works, or Excel but I'm better with computers then the person I'm helping. The image I posted is exactly what you thought. It is a jpg or png image with database boxes in set places where someone can put in data. I'm not sure if it is set up to do math calculations such as automatically calculating the taxes and automatically inputting the final total. I don't have a clue if Works could even do that. Also, there is the more traditional, (to me anyways) database data that is in rows and columns similar to Excel.

Thanks

June7 is online now VIP
    Apparently, Works has utility to save as file type Access can read. Give that a try.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Windows 10 Access 2016
    Since the person I'm asking all this for isn't here and said they didn't know how to do it I'm sure they don't know what to export it as. If you know the export type or utility name that'd be a big help. If not, that's OK, I appreciate the info to point me in the right direction.

June7 is online now VIP
    Bing: Works database export

SaveAs is a menu option you will find on any Microsoft app.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...3-a04fd0164e99

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.