Samuel_Silva is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Access 2016

MS Access Run Times 2016 - Compatibility issues

Hi !
    I'm developing two programs and using them in another computer that does not have MS Access full installation and i'm using MS Access Runtime 2016.
    One program works fine, the other one i cannot open it! I get a "Database you are trying to open requires a new version of Microsoft Access" error !
    I have consulted the Microsoft Support Database website and describes this error as a "Large Number" data type error that must be changed to "Number". Well....i have done that but its not working.
    The program that i'm doing, is permanently linked to an Excel file for data import which i suspect that might the source of the problem.

Any ideas how to solve this issue ?

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    First, test the problem db without the Excel link.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Samuel_Silva is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    The Excel link is the problem !
    Removing the linked file, the problem goes away...now i have to find a solution to receive continuously the data from the excel file and bypass this problem...

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    I've never had to develop for users that would not have full Access installed. Was not aware that links to Excel would be an issue. Might want to verify it is Excel in general that is issue and not just this workbook. Link to another simple worksheet, just a few rows and couple of columns of data. Will it open?

Perhaps will get ideas for alternative methods from http://www.accessmvp.com/KDSnell/EXCEL_Import.htm
    Last edited by June7; 02-21-2018 at 06:06 AM.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.