ScottishFi is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Access 2016

Default values don't appear when clicking through from Hyperlink on subform

Hi there

I have one wee final niggle on my DB forms that I'm wondering if there is a solution to. It's a Purchase Order system using a Navigation form. One one tab I have a datasheet format with a hyperlinks field that open the relevant record in a popup form. I've got a staffname combo box with a default set up to the logged-in user (a Tempvar is created from the login page). I also have the date textbox set to default to today's date. This works fine if I just open the form directly but the defaults don't appear when you click the form open from the hyperlink. Can anyone think of a way around this?

I've also got a 'create new' command button that opens a similar form and the defaults work fine on that. This isn't critical, just annoying and I thought I'd ask you lovely people if there's an obvious fix.

Thank you as always!

Minty is offline VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    Default values only apply on new records. If it's an existing record then you will get whatever is stored with that record.

If you think about it - If it didn't work this way every time you looked an existing record the saved value would be overwritten with the default!
    DLookup Syntax and others http://access.mvps.org/access/general/gen0018.htm
    Please use the star below the post to say thanks if we have helped !
    ↓↓ It's down here ↓↓

ScottishFi is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    Ah, that makes sense. As those fields will always be blank when that form opens, and will have to be completed before the form can be saved, I just assumed I could still add defaults. Thanks so much for the quick answer, it's one of those things that might have driven me quietly insane!

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.