jimaccessnovice is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2016

Exclamation Relationships working but no longer shown????

Hi,

At some point my database "Relationships" chart changed to the following...and I don't know how to get back the correct relationships.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CAPTURE1.JPG 
Views:	20 
Size:	30.8 KB 
ID:	32622

Taking a guess now...At one point, I had an issue with my Navigation side bar getting dragged to the left too far and I wasn't able to move it back out and could only see parts of the object items...just enough to copy and paste into a new database...maybe this created the problem?

My database seems to be working just fine but I haven't split it yet and would hate to get to that point and find out I have a lot more to do.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you

aytee111 is offline Competent At Times
    Windows 10 Access 2013 64bit
    Go into the Relationships window, delete the links that you don't want and add the ones you do.

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    What would be the correct relationships - your tables instead of the system tables?
    How did you create relationships in the other db? Add whatever tables you want into the Relationships window. Remove the system tables.

I have never figured out why those system table relationships sometimes get created in a new db.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Continued relationships issue and new ACCDE issue

I have no idea when these automated system relationship tables appeared.
    To be honest, I never set up relationships because I just used the MS Customer Service Template and then customized it by keeping all existing fields and relationships and just adding additional ones to incorporate my needs.

I guess if it isn't broken (as far as I can see) then I will just leave it alone...the only problem I have now is when I split the database and tried to create my ACCDE file I was unable to because it said I had too many indexes...something like that.

ERROR "Microsoft Access was unable to create the .accde, .mde or .ade file"
    This error is usually associated with compiling a large database into an MDE file. Because of the method used to compile the database, a considerable number of TableID references are created for each table. The Access database engine can only create a maximum of 2048 open TableIDs at one time. Exporting a database as an MDE potentially can exceed this limit if the database has a large number of objects (table, macro, form, report, etc).
    There is no accurate method to estimate the number of TableIDs the Access database engine uses during the process of compiling a database as an MDE. However, each VBA module and each form uses one TableID, as a result, if the database has 500 forms, and each form's HasModule property is set to Yes, as many as 1,000 TableIDs are used.

Very frustrating...I can probably live without the ACCDE file but would rather figure it out and get it done correctly.

I have a bunch of tables that are being used as "list items"...they all have indexes...maybe I should start deleting these table index/primary keys???? I just want the ability to add items to the lists if needed down the road.

Hope this makes sense. I put a copy of the database into my public drop box if you are feeling very generous LOL. Of course I don't expect anything but figured maybe it's something simple a rookie like me wouldn't know.
    Thank you again for all your help!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/w1gas4eyy8...on8.accdb?dl=0

Thanks aytee111 for trying...unfortunately I don't know what relationships to enter...used the customer service template from MS and then added fields and tables after...never looked at the relationships beyond the original template installation.

CJ_London is offline VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    just drag all your tables onto the relationships window. If the relationships exist they will show

If you have now created a backend for your tables, that will be where the relationships are. They won't be in the front end

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.