kkbharat is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit

Horizontal check boxes on form for multiple selection.

Hi everybody,

I require a solution whereby I will be able to make multiple selection of check boxes placed horizontally and the selection should get stored in the underling database.

Attaching the screenshot for reference. Please help.

Thanks

Bharat
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Check boxes.jpg  

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    What is structure of underlying database? Do you have 3 yes/no fields? If yes, why don't you bind to fields?
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Thanks for your response. Please refer to the attached image. I want to be able to store when our customer wants to be contacted. It could be any combination of times for example he would want us to call between 10:00 am to 1:00 PM or in the evening between 05:00PM to 8:00PM. Please suggest me what kind of field I should have. I tried with combo box with multiple selection but on scrolling the records in the form multiple selection is not displayed only one top one is displayed. Plus I want the layout in horizontal way.

Thanks once again

Bharat

Quote Originally Posted by June7 View Post
    What is structure of underlying database? Do you have 3 yes/no fields? If yes, why don't you bind to fields?

June7 is offline VIP
    If you want to store only 1 option to only 1 field and horizontal layout, then use an OptionGroup with radio buttons.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5M-QJnc2u0
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

CJ_London is offline VIP
    Please suggest me what kind of field I should have
    if the time periods are fixed, I would use yes/no fields and bind them to the form controls as suggested by June in post #2

Plus I want the layout in horizontal way.
    That is fine, layout can be anything you want, but data is normally stored vertically, however in this case I believe an exception can be made since there are only 3 choices and therefore only seven possible permutations

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    if the time periods are fixed, I would use yes/no fields and bind them to the form controls as suggested by June in post #2

That is fine, layout can be anything you want, but data is normally stored vertically, however in this case I believe an exception can be made since there are only 3 choices and therefore only seven possible permutations
    so do you mean I should have three different yes/no field for the 3 time options in the table?

CJ_London is offline VIP
    so do you mean I should have three different yes/no field for the 3 time options in the table?
    yes - if the times don't vary

June7 is offline VIP
    Three fields if you want to allow multiple time options for each record. Not a strict normalized structure but might be acceptable for this situation. yes/no fields would be the common choice. However, review http://allenbrowne.com/NoYesNo.html

Hi,

Sorry for late reply. Was not well all these days.

Thanks for your support.

Bharat

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.