dinsey90 is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Access 2016

Invoicing spread sheets for multiple jobs with continual invoicing off different item quantities

Hi,

I need to create a database for invoicing for the current jobs we have running. I have a basic idea of how to do it but am struggling with some of the concepts and how to put it together and design it.

Overview: We are a project management company that has a lot of jobs running simultaneouslyInvoicing Database.zip. We give our clients a quote that could potentially have 100s of line items. When the quote gets accepted i need to create a form for that job that will show every line item with the total cost associated next to it from the quote. (I have thought about having a job list form that you can select details beside the job and it will bring you in to another form where you can view the items in it or add new ones to it)

I would then need a way to generate an invoice from this in a report format. I need it to allow me to select which items i am going to be billing for that day and also the amount on the item (the full cost of the item may not be paid off for in one go). I would need the job list to be able to take off how much has been paid that month so we have a running value for how much is left to be paid by the customer. Any ideas on how to do this would be massively helpful!

I have attached the template for what i have so far. the advanced code that i would need to do the running total over several invoices or even just to pull certain items in to a report to generate an invoice are unknown to me and would be great if you could outline some ways to go about this.

Many Thanks

ranman256 is offline VIP
    Windows Vista Access 2010 32bit
    i think you want a form with a subform.
    the job detail form, should have subform to show the items in the job.
    turn on /off items to be invoiced.

then when ready, a button to create the invoice and mark the records as such.

Windows 10 Access 2016
    Thanks, I cant get my details page to display the items that are only linked to the TP_Number, the form always pulls everything through. also how could i get the user to select the $ that they want to invoice for on that date and then to have it taken off the total from the job items table?

ranman256 is offline VIP
    Windows Vista Access 2010 32bit
    you may have to add a checkbox field ,say INVOICED.
    user marks the ones to use,
    a query add them to the Invoice, and they no longer show in the pending list.

Windows 10 Access 2016
    Sorry can you advise of some of the code i would need to use to get this working within the database? That is the part i am struggling with.

Many thanks

ssanfu is offline Master of Nothing
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2010 32bit
    I looked at both of the dBs you posted. There were things I thought were wrong (not the way I'd design the dB). So I changed them.

Maybe it will give you some ideas........... remember, this is only an example......
    Attached Files Attached Files

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.