hatsufi is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Access 2016

Group heading in report

I am sorting my report by 2 groups, but when I try to add a group heading at the top of the second group, it puts the same heading on top of EACH group.

JoeM is offline VIP
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2007
    Are you sure that you are putting it in the Group Header section and not in the Report Header section?
    Last edited by JoeM; 02-01-2018 at 11:37 AM. Reason: clarification

Windows 10 Access 2016
    My group is called "Youth", and I have a youth header. SHould the label be in that section and how do I get a label there?

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    Click on the header so the section has focus. Pull a label in from the design tab on ribbon or copy/paste.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Windows 10 Access 2016
    I insert a label in the "Youth" group section, but it prints the label at the beginning of the report, and then again when the "Youth" group section starts later on the 3rd page. I would like the label only above the group where "youth" begins.

Windows 10 Access 2016
    this is a screeshot of design
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Screenshot (1).jpg  

June7 is online now VIP
    The highlighted control is a textbox? What do you mean by 'label' - group identifier?

Does Youth field have group identifier? If you want the group identifier as header then use a textbox bound to Youth field.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Windows 10 Access 2016
    The youth field is a check box yes/no. Maybe i need to make it something different? Here is what i have: A group of names, some of which belong to the youth group and some who don't. So i have a check box field if they belong to the youth group. Then when i print my report, i want all those names at the beginning that are not checked for youth, then the youth at the end of the report. They way i have it set up now, it does separate the youth in the report, but I would like a label at the begginning of that last group that would recognize them as "youth"

June7 is online now VIP
    Expression in textbox in the Youth group section:

=IIf([Youth], "Youth", "Not Youth")

Windows 10 Access 2016
    WOw!!! Awesome!! Just what I needed. Thank you. I did not want the first one labeled at all, so I removed "not Youth" on your expression and it works great. Thanks again for taking the time to help me!!

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.