MdHaziq is offline Competent Performer
    Windows 10 Access 2016

I would like to filter lookup cbobox in form

Hello,

Forum

I am trying to create an inventory database referring to Inventor 2007 Template.
    I am using Microsoft Access 2016

I would like to filter down the search for item transaction based on employees Section.

Only those Items in the inventory matching w/ the employees will be shown in the drop-down cbobox.

Any suggestions?

Yours Sincerely,
    Haziq
    Attached Files Attached Files

orange is offline Moderator
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada; West Palm Beach FL
    Haziq,

What exactly is a Section? How does it relate to Employee and Inventory?
    Suggest you do not have embedded spaces in field/object names--they will come back to haunt you (errors).
    Do you have a clear, 5-6 line description of what this database is about? What the things mean and how they fit together in a business sense?

You have a number of post /threads related to Inventory. Several are marked solved. It seems you are approaching a solution by trial and error as you run into problems. It might be helpful to you and readers to give us a status update of where in this project development you are at this time.

Windows 10 Access 2016
    Hello,
    Orange

Sorry for not keep you and other forum users in the loop when they read my posts.

To answer your question,

A section is a Category they are under in the department. Since we are dealing with separate work which means they have separate inventory. Currently, my department has 4 sections. TEL = Telephony, ELE = Electronics, CCTV And Radio.
    So what I am trying to do is to create an inventory for them to keep track of their stock keep And transactions based on their respective sections.

The forms And reports will be filtered based on employee section to display inventory Or transaction for only that particular section.

That is basically what I would like to achieve right now.

Thanks for your suggestion, I will take note when I name my fields.

I hope the description is detailed enough. Do ask me for further clarification. I will be happy to share =)

Thanks to those who have been with me throughout my journey to build this db.

Yours Sincerely,
    Haziq

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    What you describe is cascading or dependent combobox (or listbox). Many, many discussions on the topic.

Also need a procedure for the db to 'know' the user. This can involve a login process or code that can automatically identify the user based on their Windows username. Also often discussed topic.

Regardless of how the db 'knows' the user and identifies their section affiliation, apply filter criteria to the dependent combobox RowSource.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Windows 10 Access 2016
    Thanks for the advice,

I get the idea now And I will look at the topics discussed to find my answer first before posting a thread.

Thanks!

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.