bancell is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Access 2016

Avg based on report and sub report

Hello,

I am hoping someone might be able to help me out on a project I am working on. I have built a report that includes a sub report to calculate effective hours in a day. The first report pulls hours a technician actually logged on a job from one query and the sub report pulls hours the technician was not available to take calls. I have the sub report in the group footer of the main report. The total hours unavailable on the sub report transfer to the group header of the main report where I perform a calculation to add these hours to the total from the first report to give me total effective hours for the day. I am trying to get an average effective time for the time period selected. I created a text box and placed it in my report footer referencing a text box called Rhours. Rhours references back to my total effective hours. However when ever I try to use either sum or avg in the text box in the report footer it keeps asking for input on Rhours. In the attached picture you can see the number listed under travel hours is the same as the effective hours. This is the text box referencing effective hours. I did this as it is my understanding that I cannot create a formula based off of a cell that is a formula.

Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you, Click image for larger version. 

Name:	example report.PNG 
Views:	10 
Size:	37.8 KB 
ID:	31925

ranman256 is offline VIP
    Windows Vista Access 2010 32bit
    You CAN create formulas base on cells:

textbox txtSpeed.control source: =txtDist/txtTime

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.