cmk is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Access 2013 32bit

Exporting Access Email addresses to Excel

Not sure if this is strictly an Access question or Excel question, but here goes. I have a contacts database in Access 2016, but because of the amount of columns, I've got to export data to a linked Excel workbook since there's more flexibility in formatting/printing out the report and such. The issue is, the email field from Access exports the email addresses in this format: Instead of just the regular email address exporting (i.e., Anybody@gmail.com), it exports as Anybody@gmail.com#mailto:Anybody@gmail.com#. Am I doing something wrong from the Access end? The email field is set as a Hyperlink field. Or, from the Excel end, is there a way to do some VBA or something so that the addresses that show up will show only as Anybody@gmail.com? Thank you very much.

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    Options are to not use hyperlink field or parse the hyperlink string with string manipulation functions.

Left([fieldname], InStr([fieldname],"#")-1)

But if you want the value in Excel to display as a hyperlink, I think that will require modifying the value after export to Excel or formatting the column. Here is one discussion https://stackoverflow.com/questions/...links-in-excel
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

cmk is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    Thank you for the info and the link for additional info. All of this was exactly what I was looking for.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.