myclass76 is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Access 2013 64bit

Auto filling data on subform

Hi , All
    I am new here, I use access from couple of months but still having problems in designing.I have a form with subform to add records into table I almost design it but it's not full fill my task. It stored data step by step but I want it to stored it by all just like a datagridview. I have meter master table where user can make meter dynamically and other two tables have for daily meter readings entry one of them stored the main form data like voucher no and date and the second one stored the meter opening and closing readings through subform. I want it that when I press Add Button on main form subform brings data automatically like meter no, opening and closing reading and not a single record but numbers of meter that user have. there is pic of my form, Please help me with that....... Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot (14).png 
Views:	14 
Size:	23.1 KB 
ID:	31636

sgthuth is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    Do you have a relationship between the two sets of data? If you do, you can change the "Link Master Fields" and "Link Child Fields" properties to reflect appropriately.

Its a petrol pump project

Thanks for quick replay! yes I have relationship between tables and also have link field. Actually I my problem is that as user friendly form when user come for daily meter close reading user open the form and simple click the add button and all the meter nozzels come into the subform and yesterday closing reading become a an opening reading and then user just start entering the meter closing reading and then click the save button and form save data into tables. this is daily loop entry. I wanted it more user friendly.I am trying to attach a database in attachments but its not working for other then image file.if you have email, I will send you database.

aytee111 is offline Competent At Times
    To attach a database, click on Go Advanced, then click on the attach icon. Browse to the file and select Upload.

database is in attachments

Thanks for replay! I have attached my database in zip format. I repeat my task is .."The form will be more user friendly, when user load this form it will show last records and then user click the add button then all "Nozzels" data populated into subform at all and all closing reading populated on opening reading and so on ...user just enter today closing reading of Nozzels meter....Please some one who made it for me I will be thankful to you, I am stuck in this my whole project is delayed because of this.
    Attached Files Attached Files

aytee111 is offline Competent At Times
    Sorry, I can't open this file, Windows says it is an invalid file.

Sorry, it is in zip format you have to unzip first I used winrar software for zipping you have to winrar install first and then right click on it and select Extract Here, you will see the file name "AST.accdb". use the following link to download it....
    https://winrar.en.softonic.com/download
    or
    https://filehippo.com/download_winrar/

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.